This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    So there making gc controllers for use on gc addapters that are no longer made, nice one ninty.
    To be fair, Nintendo haven't officially said that the GC Adapter is discontinued.

Or at least as far as I know...

Comment

I think that the other 3rd-party GC controllers (Hori) use the Wiimote for the wired connection, so thereby avoiding the need for the adapter. I assumed these were the same. Pretty ugly though - the Hori ones look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
        I think that the other 3rd-party GC controllers (Hori) use the Wiimote for the wired connection, so thereby avoiding the need for the adapter. I assumed these were the same. Pretty ugly though - the Hori ones look better.
        I hate this with Nintendo stuff having that wiimote (Battery discharger) hanging off your pad is pretty silly. Why not make it a wired thing or make it so the wiimote at least clicks into the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          I hate this with Nintendo stuff having that wiimote (Battery discharger) hanging off your pad is pretty silly. Why not make it a wired thing or make it so the wiimote at least clicks into the pad.
          Or stop all the controller b*****ks in the first place and just have the gamepad or pro controller for wiiu games, wiimotes for in wii mode and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            Don't disagree but I guess it's probably cheaper to manufacture (or reuse) a design with a normal cable and the Wiimote is the cheapest and easiest option.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Or stop all the controller b*****ks in the first place and just have the gamepad or pro controller for wiiu games, wiimotes for in wii mode and thats it.
              No. Because that would put an end to CC/nunchuck/pointer support which happen to be the preferable methods for thousands of players across the existing compatible games. Myself included.

I'm glad I have the choice and the brains/initiative to work out the compatibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                No. Because that would put an end to CC/nunchuck/pointer support which happen to be the preferable methods for thousands of players across the existing compatible games. Myself included.

I'm glad I have the choice and the brains/initiative to work out the compatibilities.
                It's fine for the likes of us, not exactly a problem if the controller is provided, ie a game pad and pro controller in the pro wiiU pack.

For the average consumer trying to buy a gift? Utterly confusing. Is it a wii? Is the gamepad an add on? Why are all these controllers listed? Do I need all these?

Comment

More freedom of choice is good for the consumer. Everything works out of the box with the controller provided, you don't need anything else so it's hardly rocket science either.

Comment

I don't think there are that many uneducated people who would just blindly walk into a game shop to pick up a random gift, only to be put off by confusion, that's always been a minefield for as long as I can remember. My grandad got me a C64 game once instead of the Speccy version, from that day onwards he'd make me write down what I wanted, and what hardware I had.

Comment

Word on the street is that the PAL release of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (originally 2/1/15) is due to be broken by a fortnight.

Many on social media already stating that GAME have e-mailed them to confirm receipt of payment and that their pre-ordered copy will be with them this Friday.

Comment

Great news! I wanted it for my Christmas game!

Comment

Interview with Miyamoto on Amiibo and Zelda. He also kind of gives the impression that Mario won't be back properly now until the next system. Gives me more added vibe that if Zelda isn't delayed onto the next console, it'll effectively serve as WiiU's last big hurrah before the a new machine reveal in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            http://news.yahoo.com/miyamoto-amiib...203233156.html

Interview with Miyamoto on Amiibo and Zelda. He also kind of gives the impression that Mario won't be back properly now until the next system. Gives me more added vibe that if Zelda isn't delayed onto the next console, it'll effectively serve as WiiU's last big hurrah before the a new machine reveal in 2016.
                            I really kinda hope not. Otherwise Zelda's, well, "it". Is there anything else?

We've already had our Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, 2D and 3D Mario games and we're getting Zelda.

With the death of third-party support I had hoped Ninty might have more concrete plans for new Metroid, Starfox and F-Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I really kinda hope not. Otherwise Zelda's, well, "it". Is there anything else?

We've already had our Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, 2D and 3D Mario games and we're getting Zelda.

With the death of third-party support I had hoped Ninty might have more concrete plans for new Metroid, Starfox and F-Zero.
                              Stop doing it to yourself where F-Zero is concerned - that franchise has been dead for a decade and it isn't coming back.

A new Metroid would be cool but if it hasn't been announced now then it probably makes sense to earmark it for the next major home console Nintendo do (assuming that they are considering it).

I still hold out hope of Super Mario Galaxy 3 appearing but it is right that Mario probably takes a break for now - NSMB games have always been one a system so we were never really going to see another serious 2D Mario after NSMBU/NSLU and NSMB2 on the 3DS. Mario Maker will be more than enough.

I'll be optimistic and say that I'm hoping for both Starfox and Zelda to appear late in 2015, although only one of them coming around in Q4 2015 is probably much more realistic. Those two games will definitely be Wii U's curtain call imo (assuming Zelda isn't shunted onto the next system instead).
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 19-12-2014, 12:54.

Comment

When do we think the next console will launch? Q4 2016 (JPN) and Q1 2017 (Rest of world)?

I just purchased a Wii U with the expectation that there will maybe be 1 or 2 more major titles and am happy with software available until the next console launches. I'm sure there will be a few interesting third party titles along the way too.

Zelda looked to be very ambitious on current hardware, and it's not impossible to be the same as twilight princess that launched first on NGC and then Wii.

GTAV was in my mind an incredible upgrade on PS4, but I still have 45 hours of fun on PS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X