Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought USB sticks didn't work? Or was that just pro-HDD propaganda from Ninty?

Comment

Theoretically they should work. I mean, look at the solution Microsoft used to provide. They probably just put that as a clause so they don't have to provide support for people using ancient memory sticks with horrible transfer rates.

I mean, look at their SSD comment.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        Just got to hope it will fit through the letterbox now :|
        I'm just hoping mine won't get trashed in the post and might actually have some proper packaging for once.
        The last oversized games I bought online from UK retailers were The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls: PTD I think... Both got damaged (and I ended up with 2 crushed Dark Souls copies!).

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-THNU...3894134&sr=1-7

Would that be alright? 16GB for ?4.29 is pretty decent value and should be enough space since Speedy's link says my Basic has 3GB for storage and that's holding a fair ammount of content as it is. I just reckon Super Smash will see a crap load of updates and hefty save files and MK8 DLC says it's going to need about 1GB of free space (not sure if that's to download and it'll erase the existing update which is in the 100s of MBs) but that alone will push me.
          I was looking into this the other day as I'm running out of space on my Basic too - think I'll probably get this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JPZTD6...BB6FF594&psc=1 ?14 for 32 gig, not bad...

Comment

Another chance to see Nintendo Direct's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things.

Comment

eight... player... smash...?

Comment

Personally I thought that was a little anticlimactic. I'd struggle to find 4 friends interested in playing video games, let alone 8, and I hope MewToo can be unlocked by buying an Amiibo or something down the line. It would annoy me to have to buy the 3DS Game or a Club Nintendo points card from one just to get the full roster :/

Comment

ANTICLIMACTIC???!!!!

Are you seriously kidding me?!!!!!

:-p

What i played of Bros at e3 was awesome, but not 'Melee' awesome... so my anticipation dwindled somewhat, if im to be honest, but after that Direct im fully on board. THERE'S JUST SO MUCH STUFF!

I think this is going to be amazing. Cant wait.
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                    ANTICLIMACTIC???!!!!

Are you seriously kidding me?!!!!!

:-p

What i played of Bros at e3 was awesome, but not 'Melee' awesome... so my anticipation dwindled somewhat, if im to be honest, but after that Direct im fully on board. THERE'S JUST SO MUCH STUFF!

I think this is going to be amazing. Cant wait.
                    I was hoping that any trophies shared between the two games would be unlocked in the Wii U version if you already have them in the 3DS version, but the more I think about it the less likely that would be, seeing as many trophies are rewards for challenge completion or finishing classic mode etc.

Comment

Watched a chunk of the Nintendo Direct for Emash Bros and have to say it looks fairly... boring. Feels a lot like they could have ported Brawl and had pretty much the same product. Was hoping for the fourth entry we'd get some variety in the line up, some more distinct and complex backgrounds etc but its all very safe looking. I'd happily wipe out half the playable fighters and replace them with more interesting choices too. It all looks very solid and likely fun but I have zero excitement for it at this point

Comment

Same deal as Brawl then, skipped it and kept playing Melee. I feel the same about Mario Kart 8.

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it ?

Just add hundreds of new features with proper online in beautiful hd.

Comment

Nintendo earned 171.4bn yen (£981m) in revenue during the past six months, although ended with a total operating loss o…

Improved WiiU sales have helped Nintendo lift their financial results though the system has sold 1.12m units in the last 6 months meaning it's still behind its low sales projection for the full year. As the system approaches its second birthday global sales stand at 7.29m. Still holds it in second place but XBO must be very close to passing it now.

3DS sales have also halved though Nintendo is banking on the release of the new Pokemon games and the New 3DS models to fix that

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...les-still-slow

Improved WiiU sales have helped Nintendo lift their financial results though the system has sold 1.12m units in the last 6 months meaning it's still behind its low sales projection for the full year. As the system approaches its second birthday global sales stand at 7.29m. Still holds it in second place but XBO must be very close to passing it now.

3DS sales have also halved though Nintendo is banking on the release of the new Pokemon games and the New 3DS models to fix that
                              Read news on this earlier from other sites. Hopefully Nintendo can build on their return to profit.

It'll be interesting to see if they can find a way to make Super Smash Bros. drive significant Wii U hardware sales - something that MK8 couldn't do despite the game itself selling 3m+ copies.

Comment

I'm doubtful, feels like the hype just isn't there for this one. The similar 3DS version will have satisfied appetites too, certainly feels less desired a game than MK8

Comment

Working...
                                X