Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using a Wii Classic Controller Pro to play Bayonetta. Works well. I particularly like the way that the Gamepad screen still displays the game even though I'm not using it and I have a wiimote dangling from the controller. Classy system Nintendo

Comment

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will now be released a week earlier in Europe - on 28th November, Nintendo has just confirm…

Uk Smash Bros release date moved forward to November 28th

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        HDMI yes.
        Old Wii Motes yes for most games inc Mario 3D and NSMB and Mario Kart.
        Charging dock for gamepad yes on my premium version.
        Classic controllers yes but not for all games. Does with Mario not with Hyrule Warriors.
        Cool, I'll probably go for the Mario Kart premium pack on Amazon.

They still doing that offer when you register, and get a free game?

Comment

Nah that ended back in July, when it came out.

The 3DS barely interacts with it. You can transfer over your Mii and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I'm using a Wii Classic Controller Pro to play Bayonetta. Works well. I particularly like the way that the Gamepad screen still displays the game even though I'm not using it and I have a wiimote dangling from the controller. Classy system Nintendo
            Yeah, I just got a Wii U Pro Controller in from ridgeracer today. Probably going to either remove the battery from my Gamepad or just let the battery die. So stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Yeah, I just got a Wii U Pro Controller in from ridgeracer today. Probably going to either remove the battery from my Gamepad or just let the battery die. So stupid.
              Not all games will allow you to play if the gamepad is off- and will force you to plug it in before the game starts - Bayonetta's and W101 being three.

I did discover you can turn the screen off to conserve battery while you use the pad though- when using the controller, press the home button, go to controller settings, then turn gamepad display off. At least it turns the second screen off while you're playing and helps save it's battery life a bit longer!

Comment

Damn it...

Guess I could just leave it on the charge station and ruin the battery by leaving it plugged in forever. I have noticed that display off functionality but at the same time, it's pretty annoying to do each time you turn the machine on.

Comment

Yeah, it's a complete nuisance - I don't want the gamepad, and don't want to use it- but I'm forced to have it on to play a game with a pad :/

Comment

Late to the party, but a retail chain here (expert bonus) had 20% off all items this weekend, if you were a DNB bank customer, so a premium mario kart bundle for ?190 was too good to miss. I'm also ordered Mario 3d world. It's all packd away for Christmas, but do I need anything else? From my Wii I have two controllers and nunchucks with the external wii motion fobs. Am I all set? Also should I update it the day before, or is that quick enough to do when we unwrap? Final question, should I buy nintendoland for party games?

Comment

Your wiimotes will be fine! I bought a MK8 bundle as well, and the update + install took about an hour

Sounds like you'll be all good!

Comment

Wii U presence is pretty much dead in the high street. I trawled around two cities looking for a Pro Controller and not only didn't find one but didn't find any accessories for the Wii U at all! Looking for Nintendo accessories in a bricks and mortar shop seems as rare as finding a set of hen's teeth at a Unicorn Grand National on Oct 32nd. Amazon came to the rescue again although I still have to wait until next week for it to be delivered.

Comment

Pro Controller appear to be in limited supply generally. Good luck finding one in the high street tbh.

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone; I may place my order this weekend.

Probably going to get the ?240 Mario Kart 8 bundle, and might source a couple of original Wii games which I didn't play, like Mario Galaxy.

How do Wii games look on the WiiU?
                            Last edited by Asura; 01-11-2014, 06:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Thanks for all the info everyone; I may place my order this weekend.

Probably going to get the ?240 Mario Kart 8 bundle, and might source a couple of original Wii games which I didn't play, like Mario Galaxy.

How do Wii games look on the WiiU?
                              They look respectable. I have my Wii U plugged into a 24" 16:10 PC monitor and while the scaling isn't pixel sharp and there is a tiny border it probably will look better than how your TV processes an RGB or component signal currently.

I'm sure they didn't have this feature before, but now you're able to use composite cables to output sound seperately from the HDMI on the Wii U. This is especially handy as this is how I have my PS3 configured too.

Now I just want Nintendo to add an update to support full range RGB.

Comment

My ps3,4 and media pc are set to limited rgb and all because the wiiu doesn't support full range (they all go through my amp so end up at same hdmi on pc). Come on Nintendo!

Comment

Working...
                                X