Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet so few 40/40. I guess they should let more people know eh?

Comment

Some of the games that do get 40/40 in Famitsu definitely deserve it (FFXII, Bayonetta, etc.) but then you get 40/40 for FFXIII-2, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle... by no means bad games but really perfect scores?

Comment

You're completely right. lol

Comment

Some of the 40/40 scores are very fishy but I think if you bare in mind it's the Japanese market I personally find Famitsu scores are a very good ranking of games of a certain console or generation. For example since this is a Wii U thread they rank the Wii U games I own personally (I'll include my Bayonetta 2 pre-order) as:

40/40 - The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
          38/40 - Bayonetta 2
          38/40 - Super Mario 3D World
          37/40 - Mario Kart 8
          37/40 - Pikmin 3
          36/40 - New Super Mario Bros U
          35/40 - Nintendo Land
          34/40 - New Super Luigi U

From completing them all and what I've played of the Bayonetta 2 demo and it's predecessor I'd say that list is spot on.

Comment

Didn't famitsu used to be 4 people marking 10 out of 10? What's the other half the mark for now another 4 people?

Comment

Yes, it is four people, it's what makes things like XIII-2 getting a 40 fishy. I mean, really? four people really thought it was a perfect game?

And what is that second question?

I just finished an overnight shift but I'm certain that doesn't make sense...
              Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 12-10-2014, 08:04. Reason: I didn't sit on the toilet overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                Yes, it is four people, it's what makes things like XIII-2 getting a 40 fishy. I mean, really? four people really thought it was a perfect game?

And what is that second question?

I just finished an overnight shift but I'm certain that doesn't make sense...
                It's always had dodgy marks as a mag.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-10-2014, 08:11.

Comment

I personally find Famitsu scores are a very good ranking of games of a certain console or generation.
                  They're a joke and almost always helped by what the games publisher pays for adverts in Famistu , I mean they scored both Shadow the Hedhog and Sonic 06 in the 30's lol

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    They're a joke and almost always helped by what the games publisher pays for adverts in Famistu , I mean they scored both Shadow the Hedhog and Sonic 06 in the 30's lol
                    Unfortunately there's only one mag not dependant on advertising the games themselves (edge) and one site (polygon). Basically there the only mainstream opinions that are even half way unbiased.

It's that of go the model of everyone else and advertise everything heavily, but it influences the reviews massively as the advertisers pay your wages. While I wouldn't wish anyone to lose work over a point like that, I don't find it an acceptible way of reviewing a product/s.

Comment

Over time you just find a site you agree with. For me it's giant bomb but each to their own.

Comment

I don't think I've read a review or a preview in quite a few years. I don't even really watch trailers to many games, once I'm interested that's kinda my decision made to buy it. Luckily I've not made many errors at all.

Comment

Wasn't OOT the first 40/40?

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                            I don't think I've read a review or a preview in quite a few years. I don't even really watch trailers to many games, once I'm interested that's kinda my decision made to buy it. Luckily I've not made many errors at all.
                            This is the same for me. I haven't even bothered with the Bayonetta 2 demo as its purchase is cast in stone and I want to go in as fresh as possible. That and a lack of time I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
                              This is the same for me. I haven't even bothered with the Bayonetta 2 demo as its purchase is cast in stone and I want to go in as fresh as possible. That and a lack of time I guess.
                              Yeah I didn't bother with the demo either, I was always going to get it, odd though as for some reason I couldn't get into the first one... Looking forward to this one though!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                Yeah I didn't bother with the demo either, I was always going to get it, odd though as for some reason I couldn't get into the first one... Looking forward to this one though!
                                See I really glad that demos come out personally. Without the bayo2 demo I wouldn't of tried it as the first just didn't gel with me at all. However after the free demo Ninty and platinum gained another day 1 sale, that can only be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X