Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
    Urien may be a fairly simple design, however no more than many other series staples like the total rip off that was boxer or the completely generic stereotypical ryu/ken, but anyone who uses him or who takes pleasure in watching pro players like RX use him in third strike will see he's actually a really great character. His juggles are an absolute thing of beauty.

Most satisfying character in SF3 third strike IMO...Oro is also dreadfully underappreciated.
    As if SF3, on this forum.

RX though, is he a wizard? Urien is more fun than the entirety of the Alpha series to play. lol
    Last edited by speedlolita; 25-02-2015, 10:08.

Comment

Not a big fan of the metal face Charlie design. Also think the Oro and Urien (esp hair)designs were a bit poor from SFIII, really like Sean design and Eleana though if they can come up with more like them would be great

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
        Not a big fan of the metal face Charlie design. Also think the Oro and Urien (esp hair)designs were a bit poor from SFIII, really like Sean design and Eleana though if they can come up with more like them would be great
        Brazilian Ken?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          If only they had the rights for D Dark or Garuda, they could make for some interesting villains again.
          I can't work out if this is genuine, or the best trolling attempt ever.

For my 2-pence worth, I would say that they should shut the door on the whole EX series and throw away the key.

Comment

Garuda wasn't that bad, not sure I ever want to see him again though.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Brazilian Ken?
              Not really. More like a Brazilian, male (and arguably worse) Sakura? And I say that as somebody who actually liked using Sean.

Comment

I strongly disagree, he plays very much like Ken. High damage, simple combos. Nothing like Sakura.

Ryu might be a better comparison, in SF3 at least mind you.
                Last edited by speedlolita; 25-02-2015, 14:27.

Comment

Garuda was a decent character, he had a link to the dark hadou/psycho power which put him up against Evil Ryu, Akuma and Bison etc. I liked Kairi too but the point is Capcom dont really seem to be trying anymore. Not as bad as Namco but not far off. I think the last original SF character might've been Hakan who appeared to be partially ripped off from EX's Darun anyway.

Agree Oro is under exploited, he shares a mad back story.

Comment

Apart from Alex and Dudley I never much liked the character designs from SF3 or the music. Oro is one of the worst looking but I do like his story. Playstyles are another matter though.

SFV is starting to look quite impressive in this latest trailer, particularly the lighting and effects. They've actually changed up a character's playstyle for once. Looks they gave Charlie Rugal's Genocide Cutter move.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                      Looks they gave Charlie Rugal's Genocide Cutter move.
                      Knew I wouldn't be the only person to notice that - it's a dead ringer for it. I wonder if the EX version will be Ultimate Rugal's double-cutter?

Comment

Saw the trailer and although Nash looks strange at first, I like that Capcom has tried to do something different with him. I hope this means that other returning characters get new takes on their standard playstyle and movesets.

Also hope Capcom goes with adding the SF Zero/ SFIII cast into this one. More characters from these games rather than just the SFIV cast all over again will be most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I can't work out if this is genuine, or the best trolling attempt ever.

For my 2-pence worth, I would say that they should shut the door on the whole EX series and throw away the key.
                          100% genuine

Ex was good fun at the time, I loved the cancelling Supers into Supers and the new throws(in which Bison kept his Foot lift for future games). Garuda had a good look to him and an interesting move set, while D Dark was a combination of Scorpion and Rolento with story beef with Guile and Bison. If I could only bring back one EX character it would have to be Skullomania, the game needs a Super Sentai inspired character.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            Also hope Capcom goes with adding the SF Zero/ SFIII cast into this one. More characters from these games rather than just the SFIV cast all over again will be most welcome.
                            In terms of Zero, are there many left?

I suppose Birdie, Rainbow Mika, Sodom, Charlie, Juni/Juli and Karin - anyone else? Then there's Ingrid, Maki and Eagle, who aren't Zero characters per se but appeared in related titles. Some of those have "equivalents" in IV though, such as Maki/El Fuerte.

I like III (well, I like Third Strike - there's a distinction there - the previous ones are certainly good fighters but 3S is definitely the apex of that series) but most of my liked characters ended up in IV. I'm not so fussed on the likes of Necro or Remy, visually.

EDIT: Maybe Capcom will "promote" someone from Rival Schools, like Kyosuke.
                            Last edited by Asura; 25-02-2015, 18:23.

Comment

Haggar should also get a go on SF, i also agree with the above re kyosuke...might be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                                Haggar should also get a go on SF, i also agree with the above re kyosuke...might be a good one.
                                Someone at Capcom (can't remember who, but it was one of their "named" figures) once explained a bit about that at a Q&A at a public event.

He said that internally, Capcom consider Rival Schools and Street Fighter as having a shared universe (along with a few other games, like Final Fight), but very few of the fighters in the Rival Schools line-up have the necessary skills to compete in the "world warrior" tournaments that make up Street Fighter. Even characters like Dan are supposedly much stronger than characters like Batsu or Hinata.

Kyosuke is apparently the exception, because narratively, he's supposed to be far more powerful than all of the rest of the Rival Schools cast, and could swat them away like flies if he used his full power - however, he conceals that from the other fighters for plot-related reasons. This is one of the reasons he found his way into Capcom Vs SNK 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X