No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF4 also graded you, did you play SF4 at all?

Comment

Feels like they've really nerfed Chun Li, and im not happy about the input changes they've made to her commands. The stagger on her heavy kick now makes it completely unviable as a blockleaves you open for far too long. I mean, Nash's whiffed Critical Art had less stagger than a blocked LHK.

They've nerfed her DF cross up kick, and seem to have removed her overhead kick on QCB completely, meaning fireballs are terrible to get past now- leaving you with only her ****e V skill which acts like Adon/Decapres diagonal up attack - but without any real use as it puts you in complete danger all the time.

Not really enjoyed this so far. They've made it all about the rush down with every character, and therefore limits my playstyle completely. I like pokes, and short combos and generally making it difficult for the other player- I've never been one for long chains. Also, normals and especially EX moves take off such a high degree of damage, that one EX move can be a good 25% of HP.
      Last edited by MrKirov; 20-08-2015, 21:13.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        SF4 also graded you, did you play SF4 at all?
        It now grades you based on all of your matches, rather than end of match alone. It's got a pie chart-y kind of thing that players can see of you mid match. I haven't seen anyone else as anything but fully offensive yet though- I mean, the game is now build around offence and rush downs, so I'm not entirely sure I see the point.

Comment

Few matches and some combos from tonight

Comment

Only managed to get two rounds in and then it wouldn't connect but it seems pretty solid. Hopefully the polishing will continue as there's still some visual quirks etc but i enjoyed it.

Comment

I like the game i just love the feeling that everything such as blows and blocking has more of a impact....also cammy and birdie are up now.

Character wise i like ryu, charlie and even birdie, chun li is not to bad but with her and bison having charge moves i really struggle with the game i much prefer the almost instant fireball and dragon punch type motions. Cammy is fun but in comparison to the rest she does seem a little bit simpler.

Comment

Is there a guy butt raping another guy in the first round of the Ryu v Ryu first fight? Right hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                  My 5 or so matches so far were a mix between perfect, mega leggy and a tiny bit of lag. Think it randomly matches country so guess lightness is from Asia or Americas while no lag is Euro players. Some players seem really good online already which is worrying just got absolutely merked by a Bison player.
                  This stress test is Europe only, so you'll only have connected to Euro players.

I played about 30ish matches last night and most were essentially lag-free. Had one or two with little bits of lag and one match that basically became unplayable due to severe lag. Pretty impressed with the online so far to be honest.

Mainly played Ryu, as I like to play him rush-down anyway. Wasn't quite feeling Chunners, as others have said - didn't feel quite right. Had a good laugh with Birdie and Nash seems to be a bit of a beast. Liking the overall look too. Seems to be a finessed take on the look of SF4.

Comment

Played from 4pm till about 10 pm

So impressions are it does seem a little bit more beginner friendly, moves that would have been harder in SSF4 such as Light punch to medium punch links are easier here, not having a Focus cancel makes the game feel a little less combo heavy but there are some fancy stuff you can do when it comes to the v skills which differ for each character. Damage output seems really high and feels much more back To Super street fighter 2 turbo, if you miss a move you can get punished really badly

Graphics i really like every things seems to have much more of a feeling of impact i love the little touches such as when your character animates when blocking a attack and the animation on the whole looks great and even though it is all unfinished i do like the look of the game.

As far as the roster goes

Ryu was my most played character as i had played as him in previous games a fair amount and seemed to have very easy damaging combos to do and his V skill was really good

Nash. has potential and is motion based moves made things easier i could do a lot of neat fancy stuff in training mode but for some reason just had a real issue pulling it off online and i really think he needs a decent wake up move also i really think with his V skill he should get two teleports instead of one

Cammy having played her more was starting to find more options though do wish she had more moves to set opponents up for a juggle. But her v skill is pretty good and can set up juggles into a super.

Chun li having a motion for hundred foot kick i like but her fireball and spinning bird kick are charged based ..again not a fan of charge based characters and it does feel with her and bison that the charging time is longer i could be wrong though but playing people who are good with her she has some great set ups and her v skill is pretty deadly.

Bison again as above i really could not gel with him but seen some players doing a lot of pressure with him and his super caught me off guard many times.

Birdie. The surprise for me the only character i used where i actually got a perfect against a opponent combo wise pretty limited but they do a lot of damage and he has some great moves for getting past fireballs and catching jumping opponents.

I reckon today about 80% of the matches the online quality was fair to good but for some reason the 20% i could say were nearly all in the last couple of hours of the beta. I have to say even in its early stage i do prefer it to Streetfighter 4 and all its iterations the combat just feels more satisfying and the characters i played all have potential though again if they would make all characters motion based or reduced the charging times then i would enjoy playing all the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      This stress test is Europe only, so you'll only have connected to Euro players.

I played about 30ish matches last night and most were essentially lag-free. Had one or two with little bits of lag and one match that basically became unplayable due to severe lag. Pretty impressed with the online so far to be honest.

Mainly played Ryu, as I like to play him rush-down anyway. Wasn't quite feeling Chunners, as others have said - didn't feel quite right. Had a good laugh with Birdie and Nash seems to be a bit of a beast. Liking the overall look too. Seems to be a finessed take on the look of SF4.
                      Did not know it was by region, I would like to try Birdie plus excited to try Cammy above. Only had Ryu, Chun Li, Nash and Bison in the Beta I played . Most looking forward to Ken seems like Vega will be very similar to predecessors. The other new character they revel aves before Ken looks interesting but a bit strange with the Dreads all claiming around.
                      Last edited by JU!; 22-08-2015, 08:25.

Comment

R. Mika announced and trailers up...

Comment

Seems she's as crazy as ever.

Incidentally, this means that the only characters to so far not appear in IV/V, out of SF2/Alpha3 are Sodom, Juni/Juli and Karin.

I can't personally see Sodom or JJ; Sodom always felt a bit lame, and the game has Cammy already. Karin I would like to see.
                          Last edited by Asura; 27-08-2015, 17:28.

Comment

I can barely make out what is going on in that trailer. It keeps cutting. I'm assuming that's the editing rather than the game constantly changing camera.

Comment

I'm genuinely pleased to see R.Mika in the game. Given the KI style approach they're planning with DLC fighters and how many were used in SF4 I can only imagine they're planning on branching much further out on fighters. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ingrid, Maki, Karin, Poison and 100% Juri in time.

Comment

And instantly doing the rounds is this gif:

Comment

Working...
                                X