Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      Sorry. For me the recent KoF titles have all looked like games made with Flash for web browsers and have played like it.

'94 to '98 still remains, imo, the franchise's high point.
      We'll have agree to disagree, it's harsh to put KoF13 in the same bracket of 2D anime fighter "flash" games, (gameplay aside) when its art and animation are step above the likes of Dengeki Bunko, Persona4u and Under Night:IB. And i'll happily say KoF 11 is the best of old style KoF's, a dream-match in all but name.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
        That's a weirdly barebones trailer for Capcom.

The costume DLC looks decent (not too fussed on Bison's), but I'll probably ignore it just like SFIV's. I think I'm too cynical following years of DoA etc. giving this kind of thing away with the base game.

Comment

Er, have you ever searched for DoA costumes on the PSN/XBL marketplaces?

(Also, chalk me up in the CvS 2 was great and KoF XIII is awesome camp)

Comment

I'm not sure, but aren't outfits unlockable? I remember reading that characters will be free, if you unlock them with Fight Money (earnable ingame) but the season pass will just give them to you as soon as they are released. Not sure if the pass covers everything for the entire history of the game. If it goes on for 8 years like IV did then ?25 is pretty decent value I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Er, have you ever searched for DoA costumes on the PSN/XBL marketplaces?
              Didn't buy those either, for the same reason - because I, like most people here, am still enamoured with the days of early Soul Calibur and DOA2/3/4, all of which had costumes as part of the base package.

Comment

My understanding was that it was characters rather than costumes you could buy through in-game currency? Still though, happy to chip in for the season pass because ALEEEEX AND URRIIIIEEEEEEEEN!

Comment

I'll get the season pass at some point, should be able to nab it for a cheap price. Not too won over by the selection. Alex should fit the style of SFV well, possibly Ibuki too even though I've been a huge fan of her. Not fussed by Guile at all, especially in light of Charlie being present. Juri will depend on what they do with her, Urien will inevitably be the controversial one as he isn't going to play like he did in SF3 so I expect most fans to cry foul on release. Balrog was expected as either him of Dudley was bound to turn up. I expect I'll keep on top of the characters though, no problem paying for them as it'll be much like Killer Instinct and keeps you coming back to the game. Not too sure on the approach to costumes yet though... that's why I've gone PC

Comment

I think anything that can alter the game so updates, balance patches, characters, new game modes that stuff is free.

Comment

I don't think there is any other way they could do balance patches but to push them out for everyone, but I think "free" might be a stretch re: characters, and potentially modes. They've said that you can unlock characters via in-game currency, but my expectation at least is that you will have to grind *hard* for them. I'm sure those on the competitive circuit have got it covered, but for most folks I'd imagine the season pass will mean having a full suite of characters as opposed to cashing out to maybe only pick one from a handful of newbies.

Comment

Looks like everyone on PS4 is given an extra key for the beta. Go nuts:

GONE
                        Last edited by Adam; 11-12-2015, 19:54.

Comment

Thanks I have redeemed the code but can't figure out how to download it now.

Comment

Weird. It didn't give you a download link after inputting the code? Have a look at your Library maybe

Comment

I can see it in my services list as listed as starts today but there is no expiry or remaining and no download link.

Comment

Check back closer to when the beta goes up, which is the 18th I think. The beta came up yesterday for a few hours as they were testing some stuff, so I was able to grab the code. Maybe I wasn't supposed to get it so soon

News: Akuma has just showed up in Tekken 7 rofl. Would explain his absence from SFV
                                Last edited by Adam; 12-12-2015, 07:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X