Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom continue to disappoint

This looks like a continuation of SF4 looking the same like the Alpha series sequels looked so similar to each other.

I agree with earlier poster that SF1, 2 and 3 looks so unique next to each other. Are Capcom really that desperate they just want to slap SF5 on anything to get a quick cash grab? Hope its not true, I still have faith. They need to do away with that black ink trail sh1t for a start though!

Comment

Yep. It really has to earn that 5.

Comment

Looks like a refined SFIV which I like. Think models look sleeker. My first question as always with any PS4 beat em up will be does the USB Fight Stick Driver for Skull girls be included and work with this and will me Hori Arcade stick mini work on the PS4?

Comment

Some aspects of the character models look a bit off scale but overall it looks solid enough, no doubt the visual flourishes will be the last part of development after most of the characters and balancing is in place so I'd expect the game to look much more polished by the time it arrives. Probably quite some way off too

Comment

found this on NeoGAF, the characters have changed more then people realise I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
              found this on NeoGAF, the characters have changed more then people realise I think...

Better textures and more refined faces......thats all i see.

Still same almost super deformed style.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                Better textures and more refined faces......thats all i see.

Still same almost super deformed style.
                If you have to provide comparison pictures, that's justifying the problem, not fixing it.

You don't have to provide comparison pics for the difference between Street Fighter II and III. It's not a technical thing; it's about visual style. Alpha, 3, even 4 - these all have a very defined look which is immediately recognisable.

Those are early pictures, and people will say "you shouldn't judge them, they're early" - but if we aren't to discuss and analyse them, what else are they for? The purpose of early shots is to give us an idea of the direction Capcom are driving in, so it's natural some of us will judge them harshly.

I actually liked SF4's art style once it sunk in - but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like Capcom to do something new. I would've loved a mixture of the new Guilty Gear's techniques with an art style reminiscent of SF2: The Animated Movie. That would've been something genuinely jaw-dropping.

Comment

They just showed some new footage on the PSE event, its going all dead or alive.. samey looking models with fighting arenas allowing you to smash opponents through them.

Comment

I think it looks cool, heres the gameplay trailer:

no 60fps footage yet...

Comment

Meh, the pinnacle of SF was Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting on CPS-1. Arcade perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        They just showed some new footage on the PSE event, its going all dead or alive.. samey looking models with fighting arenas allowing you to smash opponents through them.
                        Looks as if it has BlazBlue style combos too.

At this point I don't think Capcom have a clue what they're doing to differentiate their product.

Comment

I absolutely hated the art of IV and V is virtually the same. No doubting the game and glad SF is so huge again but I have little personal interest.

Comment

I believe this is being outsourced to the same team that made SFxT such a roaring community success.

Comment

Yikes, that desperate?

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post

That's always been the way of Street Fighter when you think about it, no?

The character changes from SF to SF2-era to SF3-era to SF4-era were all similarly significant.

Possibly SF EX-era and SF Zero/Alpha-era are the exceptions to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X