No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds great- kind if like Bushido Blade-ish.

Comment

It just wouldn't work on a high level/competitive play. imo of course. Apologies for expressing an opinion...

Bushido Blade 1 was great back in the day though!

Comment

I think it would add a nice element of doubt to the combat e.g. less reliance on chip damage; not knowing exactly how much the opponent has left in store to counter etc
        PS4 should be powerful enough for more than just the standard fighter poses e.g. different facial expressions or stance postures when health is low.

There are so many 2D fighters already a new gameplay mechanic which does not rely on another energy bar would be great.

Comment

I really like the sound of something different like that, fighter are very much in danger of becoming stale again.

Comment

Fighting games are stale again. We are playing the same games we played in the 90's. The only reason they came back was because they were in the wilderness for several years. I wouldn't be surprised to see SFV be the last major seller as the genre goes into a slump in a few years again.

Comment

Totally agree. Since Disney purchased Marvel, essentially killing the MvC series, we've only really had rather insubstantial updates to the amazing Super Streeet Fighter IV. Tekken 6 was a great release if you ask me but TTT2 didn't do much to improve on it. Nobody cares about VF. Nobody cares about Soulcalibur. While Guilty Gear Xrd looks freaking incredible, it doesn't look as if it is going to play much different than XX Accent Core+. I do enjoy the anime fighters that come out but who is actually buying those? Not many people.

Thankfully Namco never put out TxSF after the abortion that was SFxT too, guess they saw how much people hated it and decided it wouldn't be a good idea.

I'm not sure if SFV can do anything to break the mainstream as successfully as SFIV did either. As Jeff Gerstmann rightly pointed out on a recent Bombcast, Capcom never gave us time to want it. Ultra SFIV only came out a few months back after all.

It's too bad really, I had a blast playing SSFIV and BlazBlue competitively a few years back and had a bunch of fun modifiying arcade sticks and learning about them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                I think it would add a nice element of doubt to the combat e.g. less reliance on chip damage; not knowing exactly how much the opponent has left in store to counter etc
                PS4 should be powerful enough for more than just the standard fighter poses e.g. different facial expressions or stance postures when health is low.

There are so many 2D fighters already a new gameplay mechanic which does not rely on another energy bar would be great.
                I agree a change up isn't a bad idea, but it'd be hard to know what to go for, with regard to set-ups knowing if you had super/ex. It worked in Bushido blade because it was free of super moves and it had 1 hit kills.

In essence you'd end up with a limited skill set and the game would get old pretty fast...

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                  In essence you'd end up with a limited skill set and the game would get old pretty fast...
                  Just like Super Street Fighter II Turbo! Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Just like Super Street Fighter II Turbo! Oh wait...
                    You know what I'm getting at! I'll just leave it there...

Comment

Street Fighter 5 is in development in Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4, the company announced today. "Our goal with the next generation of Street Fighter is to take our beloved fighting game franchise...

Turns out the game is being built in Unreal Engine 4

Comment

So is tekken 7 right?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                          So is tekken 7 right?
                          Yup. Though it looks really similar to Tekken 6...

Comment

Lucky Chloe ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Lucky Chloe ftw.
                              What an awful character imo... Don't what happened to that series, but it's really, really stale.

Comment

You mean the series that has since the beginning had a fighting bear, a boxing kangaroo, a panda, a giant-headed dragon, a guy made from logs, a farting mad scientist and a stereotypical disco dancer with an afro?

Comment

Working...
                                X