Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guts View Post
    You mean the series that has since the beginning had a fighting bear, a boxing kangaroo, a panda, a giant-headed dragon, a guy made from logs, a farting mad scientist and a stereotypical disco dancer with an afro?
    That very same one, but you gotta draw the line somewhere!

Comment

The line is a billion miles away from Lucky Chloe and was set by Mokujin et al ages ago. I'm going to main Lucky Chloe.

Back to Street Fighter 5.

Give it to me. Give me meters. Give me supers. Give me the same great gameplay we've had for all these years that never gets old and never gets stale. Give me Ryu and Chun Li breaking down walls. Give me the ink effects.

Street Fighter is always great and always has been. Fighting games ain't stale, fighting games are a constant joy. Give me the pleasure of the back and forth between two evenly matched opponents.

It's never dull and never has been. You've all got jaded and grumpy.

Comment

You're right, the series peaked at champion edition

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
          Yup. Though it looks really similar to Tekken 6...
          SFV also looks very similar to SF4.

Comment

if its a linking system im out, bring back just combo cancels etc so people can have fun without needing to be the wizard.
            im not good at any sf but at least 3rd strike i can have fun with, needing to be a seasoned vet just todo crouch l, standing m, crouch l because it all has to be frame perfect links in sf4 just drained the life from me. and i still bought it and all the upgrades, capcom should just marry me off to one of their deformed cousins now because im def good for it apparently

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
              You're right, the series peaked at champion edition
              More like Third Strike is the only good Street Fighter.

Comment

While i know it is early but that looks really boring they have a long way to go yet

Comment

Looks like Capcom have something going on with SquareEnix. Torward the end of the above event, Ono walked off stage and left an image up on screen with the SF5 logo, a background with silhouettes of castles and graves (Darkstalkers?) and at the bottom, a copyright notice from SquareEnix! Soooo no idea what that could be, but rumour is SE could be doing the story mode, or it's just a collaberation which might end up in SE characters appearing in the game. Ryu Vs Sephiroth anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    Ryu Vs Sephiroth anyone?
                    Hopefully not in SFV, but a fighter featuring Square-Enix characters on the "big consoles" is long overdue. Ehrgeiz was ages ago now.

Dissidia doesn't really count, what with it being a PSP game.

Comment

Sounds like it'll be a card game or an RPG. Isn't there one like that already? Tekken X Something? Isometric, I think. Or maybe I'm losing my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        Sounds like it'll be a card game or an RPG. Isn't there one like that already? Tekken X Something? Isometric, I think. Or maybe I'm losing my mind...
                        You're sort-of right.

There's an online Tekken card game, where users play cards to represent moves in a kind of rock-paper-scissors game that looks like a 3D Tekken fight. You can buy physical cards for it, and it works on the iPad/in browser etc. It has its fans, but I thought it was dreadful.

There's also Project X Zone, which is an isometric SRPG for the 3DS that has characters from Sega, Bandai, Namco and Capcom games.
                        Last edited by Asura; 02-02-2015, 08:44.

Comment

I would like see to Dissidia 012 on psn/live as my psp disc drive is near dead so takes forever loading it up. I'd take a smash style SE game to, use the Dissidia cast and slap in some 14,15, dragon quest, KH, tactics and chrono trigger.

Comment

Get a vita and download Dissidia, then transfer your save file across. That's what I did- looks great on the Vita screen too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                              I would like see to Dissidia 012 on psn/live as my psp disc drive is near dead so takes forever loading it up. I'd take a smash style SE game to, use the Dissidia cast and slap in some 14,15, dragon quest, KH, tactics and chrono trigger.
                              Basically I want a new version of Ehrgeiz, but with more of a Power Stone feel.

Comment

@Asura: Project X Zone, that's what I was thinking of. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X