No announcement yet.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC exclusive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing through Project X Zone at the moment. Great mix of characters (Ryu, meets Akira and Jin from VF and Tekken) but after 18 chapters with another 22 to go I've gotten bored by it. I'm Not used to turn based combat and in this game it gets old fast.

Agree with Eastyy about that SFV video it looks slow and boring. I think it's supposed to come out in 2016 though so a long way to go yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
      I'm playing through Project X Zone at the moment. Great mix of characters (Ryu, meets Akira and Jin from VF and Tekken) but after 18 chapters with another 22 to go I've gotten bored by it. I'm Not used to turn based combat and in this game it gets old fast.
      Veering off-topic but yeah, I reached pretty much the same point before I looked at an FAQ and realised I was only half-way through. That's pretty much the point I gave up with it.

It's quite easy, which unfortunately means it becomes tedious.

The game's a weird pseudo-sequel to Endless Frontier, which was a DS game. The combat in that was very like Project X Zone (though, strangely, more technical and detailed), but it was an actual RPG (as opposed to SRPG) with random battles and a world map you walked around to get through the story.

Project X Zone's approach of just battle, text-based cutscene, battle, text-based cutscene, battle... gets old pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Veering off-topic but yeah, I reached pretty much the same point before I looked at an FAQ and realised I was only half-way through. That's pretty much the point I gave up with it.

It's quite easy, which unfortunately means it becomes tedious.

The game's a weird pseudo-sequel to Endless Frontier, which was a DS game. The combat in that was very like Project X Zone (though, strangely, more technical and detailed), but it was an actual RPG (as opposed to SRPG) with random battles and a world map you walked around to get through the story.

Project X Zone's approach of just battle, text-based cutscene, battle, text-based cutscene, battle... gets old pretty fast.
        Not so much Endless Frontier (although the style is very, very similar - as you would expect with MonolithSoft also developing that game), Project X Zone was more of a carbon-copy continuation of what was seen in Namco X Capcom on the PS2 back in 2005.

That said, I agree - PxZ got hella boring after a while and I say that as somebody who was originally really psyched about it getting a western localization.

Nothing but pure fan-service though. Total style over substance.

Comment

There's going to be a beta on PS4 and PC, also Charlie Nash is the third confirmed character with trailer released and teaser for Bison at the end:

Comment

How is it Dictator keeps coming back and Gill is no where to be seen?

Comment

If at least a couple of the following don't get a look in this time i'll be pissed.

Urien
              Oro
              Sodom
              Birdie
              Sean
              Alex

Charlie is in so first signs are good mind.

Comment

Doesn't charlie's head look like it was mixed up with Urien, skin colour and gem match up.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                  How is it Dictator keeps coming back and Gill is no where to be seen?
                  Gonna be controversial here, but I think it's because Bison is a brilliant character in terms of how he plays, and Gill is lame. Gill's a great boss to fight but I've always disliked how he fights.

Comment

The animation on Charlie looks really good. First time since going 3D (including the 5 footage of Chun Li and Ryu) that I've felt the animation has some real character and power to it.

Comment

It looks like clay animation.

I just want them to change the art style.

Comment

Gonna be controversial here, but I think it's because Bison is a brilliant character in terms of how he plays, and Gill is lame. Gill's a great boss to fight but I've always disliked how he fights.
                        I agree. Gill (and Urien for that matter) come across as really uninspired in their design overall.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, was never a big fan of Gill but I at least enjoyed the fact that someone defeated Dictator for the sequel. To have him return for SFIV was annoying. I appreciate hes a fan classic but I like when Capcom thnk a little outside the box and come up with new interesting antagonists (genetically enhanced secret cult leader) characters that arent robots (seth) or clones (the dolls, decapre and now charlie)

Comment

If only they had the rights for D Dark or Garuda, they could make for some interesting villains again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              I agree. Gill (and Urien for that matter) come across as really uninspired in their design overall.
                              Urien may be a fairly simple design, however no more than many other series staples like the total rip off that was boxer or the completely generic stereotypical ryu/ken, but anyone who uses him or who takes pleasure in watching pro players like RX use him in third strike will see he's actually a really great character. His juggles are an absolute thing of beauty.

Most satisfying character in SF3 third strike IMO...Oro is also dreadfully underappreciated.

Urien is the better character. Gill was just the ultimate sweaty customer.
                              Last edited by PaTaito; 25-02-2015, 03:15.

Comment

I don't like Gill or Seth.

Maybe it's because Bison was the first one and an integral part of the early SF world - he killed Chun-Li's dad!

Gill fits better with SF3 and is less jarring because the game and its story are such a departure from SF2 but Seth just seems like a lazy attempt at a boss who has moves from different characters and a naff story to explain why(he's nicking their moves). Also, SF4 seems closer to SF2 in terms of story so he feels more tacked-on to me.

I'd like it if SF5 had an SF2 mode where you fight a selection of regular guys, then the bosses, then Bison. Or maybe I need to accept that things are different now

Comment

Working...
                                X