No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of speeds do you need to 'shareplay'? I tested it at 7 mbps down and 2 mbps up, and when I tried to get into shareplay the PS4 just guffawed in my face with an "insufficient internet speed" message.

Comment

Yeah, just got mine. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Comment

Yeah, there was a link posted somewhere - a case of enter your PSN ID if you're interested in taking part. I received an invite this morning via email.

I like the idea, as I didn't have a PS3 and therefore haven't played the likes of ICO and Uncharted. Am guessing it will be cheaper to pick up a PS3 at some point, but would prefer to go via the PS Now route, so it's worth trialling.

Comment

I've tried the PS Now beta on a 3mbps down / 0.5mbps up and it don't work for me.
          TBH there's nothing I'd really pay for on the service as I've played or own all the PS3 games I wanted.

I would suggest it will cause issues for PS Now takeup until general internet speeds are improved. Granted I don't have superfast at home but I can stream Netflix & Amazon fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            What kind of speeds do you need to 'shareplay'? I tested it at 7 mbps down and 2 mbps up, and when I tried to get into shareplay the PS4 just guffawed in my face with an "insufficient internet speed" message.
            We got it working with me @ 80 down, 20 up and mate @ 150 down and about 15 up. We managed to co-op Trials fusion at 60fps and it was actually quite playable. Less twitchy games such as MGS:GZ are like playing locally pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              We got it working with me @ 80 down, 20 up and mate @ 150 down and about 15 up. We managed to co-op Trials fusion at 60fps and it was actually quite playable. Less twitchy games such as MGS:GZ are like playing locally pretty much.
              Ouch! That's shareplay out for most people for the foreseeable, then!

Comment

I didn't say you had to.have those speeds. Just that it really does work. I.don't know what the minimum would be.

Comment

Sony haven't advertised a minimum, but after a little forum digging it seems the 'insufficient internet speed' error message is the norm for most, even for much higher speeds than mine. Ah well, 'tis but a novelty.

Comment

150 down lol. I can but dream of that.

Comment

Virgin have done a 150mb line for a while now, no Virgin Fibre your way wakka?

The minimum line suggested for Netflix used to be something like 0.6mb down, don't know if that's changed.

Comment

It's a bit of a mixed bag. Dead or Alive 5 seemed to work well, Dirt 3 not so much. The analogue inputs are just too laggy to keep up with the direction changes. Much the same experience I had with driving games on OnLive.

I'm on an 80/20 fttc line FWIW.

Edit - Wolf Among Us has issues with the analogue sticks too.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 16-04-2015, 07:54.

Comment

Sadly no fibre in my building :/. All the surrounding streets have it...just not my building -.-.

Comment

We've tried mgs, trials, outlast, second son. No issues so far.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Sadly no fibre in my building :/. All the surrounding streets have it...just not my building -.-.
                              That's almost as bad a my parents, live in a small cul-de-sac and people on the opposite side of the road can get Virgin they can't and Virgin won't go to the expense to come across the road as there are only six houses.

Comment

Yeah, it's a joke. I get around 6Mb down and about 500Kb up. Must be the worst connection in London. I actually find my Three 4G connection much more reliable for online gaming (the little that I do, mostly MK8).

I would really love to have fibre. As it is I'm forced to pay a not-inconsiderable sum for line rental when I don't even own a home phone.
                                Last edited by wakka; 16-04-2015, 09:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X