Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    Seeing the PS4 getting a bit cheaper these days and noticed from here it's prob down to the newer 1TB model on the horizon.
    Which leads me to...How are you guys for space on the hard drive? Is 500GB plenty enough for a casual gamer?
    I put a 1TB hybrid drive in not long after launch.Have loads of games on there and still have 380GB left

Comment

Yeah, same with the 1TB hybrid drive here. Plenty of space left as I generally don't buy PS4 games...

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. Will see what deals are about when the 1TB model comes out and how the pricing compares.
        I think I could probably get away with the 500GB as there aren't a massive amount of games I would be getting but it's always best to be prepared!
        There's currently a deal with Arkham Knight bundled in for around ?280 which is very tempting as Batman is one of the games I need to upgrade for (Fallout 4 being the other).

Comment

I went with one of these Seagate 2TB drives A nice bonus is it loads games quicker than the original HDD too. If you open the caddy carefully, you can pop in the original PS4 HDD and have yourself a 500GB external drive.

Comment

Out soon! Thanks Teddy Meow!

Comment

New 500GB model coming with new internals

And a 1TB version with old internals

Comment

Bravia TV Player is quite possibly the most pointless, but awesome thing ever. I can now control my entire entertainment setup using only my Dual Shock 4. It even uses the Japanese button layout.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just to follow up on the discussion on replacing the hard drive, I did mine today! Received a 2TB drive from Amazon this morning - had no trouble removing the PS4's HD and replacing it with the new one. The only time I got stuck was in getting the PS4 to read my USB stick to update the system software, although it was fine after I changed to a different USB.

I backed up my game saves to the cloud and a USB (nothing like paranoia ensuring I made two back ups) and the PS4 is reading that ok.

As others have said on here, it is actually a very easy thing to do - and I'm saying that having never opened a piece of hardware to change something before. Pleased I took the plunge, so thanks to those of you on here posting Saturday, telling us all it was easy!

Quite how long it will take to download everything, I'm not so sure.......

Comment

Changing the Dualshock 4s battery is easy and worthwhile too. One of these doubles playtime before the need to charge. Full guide here. Ignore the part where it says you need to take a razor to the plastic tabs. You don't. The battery will fit just fine. But you DO NEED to swap the wires over.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      Changing the Dualshock 4s battery is easy and worthwhile too. One of these doubles playtime before the need to charge. Full guide here. Ignore the part where it says you need to take a razor to the plastic tabs. You don't. The battery will fit just fine. But you DO NEED to swap the wires over.
                      Done it with my DS3 a while back.Worked a great
                      Got a spare battery so I'll put it in my DS4

Comment

I know PSN is slow, but has anyone had problems over the past 24 hours in terms of the time it's taking to download stuff? I upgraded my HD yesterday, so have set about re-downloading games. I've managed to get three so far - and Batman Arkham Knight (downloading via the U.S. Store) is taking an age. It downloaded the game plus update file in about 5 hrs overnight, but it's also downloading an application file, which is 42GB! The file started at about midnight, and it's still going - I've switched between using the PS4, leaving it on but not using it, and putting it into rest mode, and it doesn't make any difference. I've played about with the network settings on the PS4 (there a couple of theories online regarding changing certain settings) and that changed nothing either! I've also rebooted the router.

Before changing the HD, nothing took this long - think max was 4-5 hrs.

Comment

Don't worry, my DMC4 special edition did exactly the same thing- had to leave it on overnight and then all day today for 16gb- even though I downloaded the 6gb patch for Batman in about 10 minutes- the application data downloads seem to be very slow for some reason.

Comment

Ok, cheers! Apparently the Batman preload didn't work in the U.S. either, so there are a lot of people downloading it!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA View Post
                              Just to follow up on the discussion on replacing the hard drive, I did mine today! Received a 2TB drive from Amazon this morning - had no trouble removing the PS4's HD and replacing it with the new one. The only time I got stuck was in getting the PS4 to read my USB stick to update the system software, although it was fine after I changed to a different USB.

I backed up my game saves to the cloud and a USB (nothing like paranoia ensuring I made two back ups) and the PS4 is reading that ok.

As others have said on here, it is actually a very easy thing to do - and I'm saying that having never opened a piece of hardware to change something before. Pleased I took the plunge, so thanks to those of you on here posting Saturday, telling us all it was easy!

Quite how long it will take to download everything, I'm not so sure.......
                              Congrats. I found it so satisfying replacing mine. It is very easy besides the fiddle of the Intialize Update. I had problems with the USB stick initialise upgrade. Make sure the USB stick is wiped clean first, only the update on there I found. Regards to upgrades now at least you can back up now and reload onto a new drive (at least I think that would work?). I had to re install everything took 3 nights I think although my Internet is not that fast.

Reminds me I need to buy a 2TB ecxternal to create a back up so never have to do that again.
                              Last edited by JU!; 24-06-2015, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                                Congrats. I found it so satisfying replacing mine. It is very easy besides the fiddle of the Intialize Update. I had problems with the USB stick initialise upgrade. Make sure the USB stick is wiped clean first, only the update on there I found. Regards to upgrades now at least you can back up now and reload onto a new drive (at least I think that would work?). I had to re install everything took 3 nights I think although my Internet is not that fast.

Reminds me I need to buy a 2TB ecxternal to create a back up so never have to do that again.
                                Thanks - yep, was very satisfying - probably more than it should have been, really. As mentioned above, ive got nowhere as regards downloading. Had to leave it running last night to get Witcher and Bloodborne finished, at Batman is still stuck on its update file. Paused that and tried downloaded something different, and that's gone at a snails pace all evening. Think I'll turn it off completely overnight, and start again tomorrow - maybe it needs to cool down?

But it is very nice looking at 1.5 TB free.....

Comment

Working...
                                X