Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    I've just got exactly the same drive from Amazon- was taking the caddy apart a problem? I'm a bit concerned about it.

Can you write down the steps for the transfer for me so I know what I'm doing please?
    its rather straight forward. Caddy was a little fiddly and I wanted to reuse it for the 500GB drive so had to be careful. There's a few videos on YouTube on how to open it that might be better to watch that my explanation but you just need to take a thin flat head and run it around the whole thing popping out where it's clipped together.

I did a back up of my PS4 and opted out of backing up applications. That took a few minutes then just switched the drives. on first boot I was told to install the 2.55 update but it's actually the 2.55 OS so if you go to the PS site find the update and scroll down to initialising ps4 or something like that you can download a 700mb or so file. Stick it on a USB inside PS4 > UPDATE folder and just boot up the PS4 and follow on screen instructions.

Sorry, I kinda rushed that. Finally in bed after 30 + hours.

Comment

Nice discount on NomNom Galaxy and Geometry Wars 3 this weekend. Soup shop sim? Yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
        its rather straight forward. Caddy was a little fiddly and I wanted to reuse it for the 500GB drive so had to be careful. There's a few videos on YouTube on how to open it that might be better to watch that my explanation but you just need to take a thin flat head and run it around the whole thing popping out where it's clipped together.

I did a back up of my PS4 and opted out of backing up applications. That took a few minutes then just switched the drives. on first boot I was told to install the 2.55 update but it's actually the 2.55 OS so if you go to the PS site find the update and scroll down to initialising ps4 or something like that you can download a 700mb or so file. Stick it on a USB inside PS4 > UPDATE folder and just boot up the PS4 and follow on screen instructions.

Sorry, I kinda rushed that. Finally in bed after 30 + hours.
        All done now! Thanks for the help. I deleted everything off my ps4 before the backup except for saves and PT,- and put that into one USBdrive, then another USB drive for the update.

The hardest part was getting the caddy open as you said- there's a few dents or whatever around the side, but the PS4's original drive is in there safely and I've got it set up as a spare 500gb for the XBone (although there's a rattle inside from somewhere haha!)

So I kept PT and all the settings so I'm happy, just now reinstalling all the games and redownloading all the updates and DLC. Happy overall so far! Definately worth ?59.99!

Comment

You're welcome. Argos had it at 59.99 too definitely worth it at that price! I've noticed faster loading times in The Witcher 3 already so I'm very happy with it.

Now that everything's installed besides my disc based games the cluttery nature of the UI is starting to show. Definitely needs some improvements.

Comment

Resownload everything and I've still got 1.1b left <3

Comment

Sony's Play 2015 kicks off today. It's similar to Microsoft's old Summer of Arcade thingy on Xbox.
              Details: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...tarts-tuesday/

Comment

Pre-ordered Journey and Galak-Z last week when the deal went up. I imagine I'm in the tens of people who didn't play Journey on PS3.

Comment

PS4 mouse/keyboard controller incoming from Hori.

Fancy a bit of PC first-person-shooter-style gaming on your PlayStation 4? Meet the Tactical Assault Commander 4. The T…

?87 bosh, more pics on link above.

Comment

Nice. Pricey though.

Comment

Needs more keys, especially for ?87.

Comment

Just got Kings Quest Episode 1 bit on the expensive side when compared to previous episodic games released.

I I hope it's good. Never played any in the series and don't really know what it is.

Comment

It's completely different from its predecessors so that shouldn't hinder you. I'm sure there will be familiar characters and lore but it will stand on its own.

I really love its art direction and I hope it does well. It has been getting some great reviews!

Comment

It's pretty good, I've yet to finish the chapter but it's off to a good start. Art direction is definitely standout and it plays very well unlike other episodic content (looking at you TT) but it's a shame you can only get the epilogue if you're willing to put down the full ?31.99 right away. Maybe I'll hold out for a sale and then buy the complete collection.

Comment

Art direction is definitely standout
                              Some pieces of art for this game won an Into the Pixel award.

it's a shame you can only get the epilogue if you're willing to put down the full ?31.99 right away.
                              It's published by Activision. Greedy moronic decisions are to be expected.

One of the voice actors is none other than Christopher Lloyd!

Comment

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture trailer:

Comment

Working...
                                X