No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bargain approaches.. Add another 40 mill PS4s onto why they have sold already. Shame I already have one but this is awesome.

The 1TB PlayStation 4 comes out in the UK on 15th July, Sony has announced. The PS4 Ultimate Player Edition carries a s…

Don't know if the above is the same model but the New Japanese models kick sound better too:

Almost two years into the PS4's lifecycle, Sony has updated the console with a substantial revision that is not only ch…

Comment

Why does it take so long to download an update?

Comment

Sony doesn't actually want you to play the console, just to buy it and let it sit.

Comment

Can't decide if I should go with the 2TB hard drive zen monkey posted or a 1TB hybrid...

Doesn't seem like there's any 2TB hybrids either.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
            A bargain approaches.. Add another 40 mill PS4s onto why they have sold already. Shame I already have one but this is awesome.

The 1TB PlayStation 4 comes out in the UK on 15th July, Sony has announced. The PS4 Ultimate Player Edition carries a s…

Don't know if the above is the same model but the New Japanese models kick sound better too:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...efficient-blog
            The 1TB PS4 is a scam to get rid of the old hardware. Well, not a scam, but they're quite deviously using that to peddle their back stock before releasing the newly revised 500GB model.

Comment

What a scam!

Just like when supermarkets price down produce with an imminent sell-by-date, only to have new stock the next day! *gasp*

Comment

Just picked up the 2TB drive from Argos. Anything I need to know before I set it up? Can I just gut it and stick it in? I don't have another drive to do a back up so will need to re download everything.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                The 1TB PS4 is a scam to get rid of the old hardware. Well, not a scam, but they're quite deviously using that to peddle their back stock before releasing the newly revised 500GB model.
                Pretty much. The MGS one coming out in a few months is the new model too.

Comment

You need a thumbdrive to put the OS on as well. The instructions on the PS website are straightforward.

Comment

Thanks, I've got it all done now

Didn't know about the OS and had a little freak out when the message about popped up saying the PS4 couldn't be started.

Comment

Has anyone seen the 20th Anniversary Dualshock 4 Controller still up for pre-order anywhere?

I've decided I'm going to pick up a 20th Anniversary console in anticipation of Street Fighter V and would rather not risk eBay price-gouging on a matching second controller too if I can avoid it.

I've seen Grainger Games are taking pre-orders but I don't particularly trust them to come through with it, also they seemingly take payment on order not dispatch which isn't a practice I'm a fan of so I'd rather order elsewhere.

Comment

What's the appeal of the 20th Anniversary PS4, its rarity, or its colour?

Comment

I'd guess both.

So [MENTION=15998]Pikate[/MENTION] you're gonna pay 700+ for the PS4 and you don't want to buy the controller from Grainger because they might charge you before they ship it? I'm confused...

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                            Thanks, I've got it all done now

Didn't know about the OS and had a little freak out when the message about popped up saying the PS4 couldn't be started.
                            I've just got exactly the same drive from Amazon- was taking the caddy apart a problem? I'm a bit concerned about it.

Can you write down the steps for the transfer for me so I know what I'm doing please?

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              What's the appeal of the 20th Anniversary PS4, its rarity, or its colour?
                              Both, I don't want a black console (TVs is white, Wii U is white, TV stand is cream paint/washed wood) but the white PS4 looks a bit too glossy and stormtrooper-ish. The anniversary one just looks better and more interesting to my eye. I also like things to treasure so the exclusivity of it probably helps on that front.

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                              So @Pikate you're gonna pay 700+ for the PS4 and you don't want to buy the controller from Grainger because they might charge you before they ship it? I'm confused...
                              It's not an issue of expense, it's about not being ripped off. I don't really know much about Grainger, their website looks dated and they don't look particularly reputable so I don't feel very confident they'll come through with a preorder when it's seemingly sold out on Amazon UK/Shopto etc. I was just hoping to find someone more reputable but as a last resort I'll chance it with Grainger.
                              Last edited by Pikate; 17-07-2015, 17:56.

Comment

Yeah they don't score too highly on Trustpilot I see,

Do you agree with Grainger Games's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 595 customers have already said.

I've used them twice for games with no problems in fairness.

Comment

Working...
                                X