No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all seem to do that. Panasonic have Viera Link etc. It's kinda annoying.

I have ordered the licensed PS4 remote from Amazon US. Looking forward to receiving it. I absolutely hate using the DS4 for Blu-Ray playback etc. The light, the two handed control, the fact that it turns itself off halfway through a movie and lets you know on screen - it's just crap!*

So relieved a proper remote is finally here.

*I know I could disable this but then it would just drain its limited battery, which is equally irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      You can switch on the PS4 with the TV remote. It's under the external connections list. Player 1 is PS4 and Player 2 is PS Vita TV. I've just checked and unless all your goods are Sony, they won't speak to each other unless you are using a universal remote.

"BRAVIA? Sync (Control for HDMI) is a feature that enables interoperability of connected devices using the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specification, which is part of the HDMI specification. This feature is available only on Sony devices that support Control for HDMI."
      This is bloody daft as the ps3 would switch any hdmi tv on or off via link.

Yay for progress .

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION], add the fact that the ds4 auto-pushes its own L2 and R2 triggers when resting on a sofa to the list of irks!

Comment

And the fact the battery life is so crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            @wakka, add the fact that the ds4 auto-pushes its own L2 and R2 triggers when resting on a sofa to the list of irks!
            Oh god that as well. It really is the most useless remote control ever. The PS4 should've shipped with an official one available at launch imo!

Comment

Regarding HDMI-CEC, it works with different branded gear too. Pressing the PS button on my Dualshock 4 switches on my Pioneer amp, Samsung TV and PS4. Furthermore, the PS4 can be controlled using my Samsung TV remote providing HDMI-CEC is engaged.

So yeah, make sure HDMI-CEC is switched on on all connected devices then try using your TV or receiver remote, you may not need the new SONY remote.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              About damn time.

Shame they do all this licensing stuff nowadays though, think I'll stick with the PS3 for media.
              The PS3 is the better blu-ray player (compared to the PS4) so you're right to stick with the PS3.

Comment

Yeah, my PS3 and PS4 switch on our LG TV fine. However it doesn't work the other way, switching to the correct HDMI port doesn't turn on either console and switching off the TV only turns off the consoles sometimes.

Comment

HDMI-CEC seems really inconsistent. I am unable to use my TV remote to control my PS4, and believe me I have tried more than once! (My TV has Viera Link)

Comment

The PS4 media player is amazing. Fastest thing on the planet!

Comment

Is that a troll remark or are you serious? Doesn't support DTS so useless for some BD rips.

Comment

No I'm serious. I have mkv files on a seagate nasty and it plays them perfectly the millisecond I hit play. L2 and r2 go back and forth through the video at variable speed, set by how hard you pull the triggers and when you release the trigger it starts playing at the correct spot instantly. My pc cannot do that when the file is stored locally on an ssd!

Comment

Has there been any mention of Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours anywhere on the forum? Did a search but nowt, not often a shooter gets ignored, especially for PS4/PSV.

Im assuming that's not the actual in game music.
                          Last edited by Colin; 11-11-2015, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Has there been any mention of Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours anywhere on the forum? Did a search but nowt, not often a shooter gets ignored, especially for PS4/PSV.

Im assuming that's not the actual in game music.
                            Sounds pretty zuntata to me!

Comment

I'm pretty hyped for Darius, but disappointed only the Vita is getting a physical release. If the PS4 ver hits the UK PS Store it might make amends though.

Comment

DariusBurst wasn't particularly fantastic. Better than nothing I guess.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X