No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its anything like darius burst on the psp, its will have as much depth as a puddle; however its good taito are still releasing shooters, so we cant really complain (just about the price lol)

Comment

Graphics do look a bit Dreamcast but cant not be impressed by the double screen option. Will deffo get this at some (cheaper) point.

Comment

Darius burst is defiantly no G-Darius.....

Comment

Was always looking to go physical Vita on this, can't say I'm tempted to double dip now though.

Comment

It's under ?40 for the physical Vita copy. No brainer.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              It's under ?40 for the physical Vita copy. No brainer.
              How would the ultra wide aspect ratio of the arcade version look on that tiny screen though?

Comment

Just smaller I guess. Vita has a wide screen after all.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Then the publisher will say "nobody bought it, so there is no market for these games anymore".

?50 is nuts

Comment

hmm

after I get some bevvies in me tomorrow night it might be hard to resist it (even at that price)

this has really whetted my appetite....

We discuss the release of Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours to Steam, PS4 and Vita with Degica spokesperson: Blackbird, with guest Icarus to talk about the var...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Disgraceful price for a download game. Shame as I would've given it a bash as I'm pretty starved of 'new' shooters.
                      Saw the Vita price and thought it was PS4 cross-buy, and still thought it was expensive. $59.99 for the PS4 version alone...Hilarious.

Comment

So I finally sent out my Playstation 4 to be serviced out to France because of the fan issue. 1 month without! The warranty is void next week so decided to take my chances... Let's see what happens. I'm betting on nothing and they'll send it back without any work done to it. Many games work fine, but they were mostly older games or ones that require less strain from the graphics card (Tales of Zestiria (PS3 port), Mega Man Legacy Collection, Final Fantasy VII port etc.). With other games it becomes very annoying and that is why I've mainly gotten new released for the Xbox. Played through Uncharted without much fan problems, but on Uncharted 2 it started howling almost immediately. This was also the case with Last of Us. If my television volume is at normal levels, I can't hear game speech at all. It's just mumbling in the background. This also occurred with Magicka 2 (free from PSPlus), which didn't seem that demanding but it just continued on when returning to the XMB to turn it off. The machine has been largely unplayable for this reason so I hope I can get the issue fixed.

If not, I'll just open it up when it comes back and do that coolant paste fix.
                        Last edited by danholo; 10-12-2015, 07:41.

Comment

This Dariusburst is absolutely amazing. Positioning the drone laser in a sweet spot whilst you balance its remaining fuel with more kills to keep it alive is genius. You can also counter boss lasers with your own, creating a super laser when timed correctly.

This positioning is clearly key, as you get huge bonuses for clearing a wave which seem to stack. It's all about learning the positioning for each wave one after the other. I can see me spending ages on this.

Comment

This is how I know how crap at games I am, I most likely wouldn't have realised any of that, not that I understand most of what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                              If not, I'll just open it up when it comes back and do that coolant paste fix.
                              Lol, thermal paste isn't magic dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                This is how I know how crap at games I am, I most likely wouldn't have realised any of that, not that I understand most of what you said.
                                Easy. Stick to AC-Original mode to begin with. Go for the upper-most route like you would in Outrun.

The number in the red box between your power status and score is your multiplier. Don't get hit or you'll lose this.

You see the little meter under your ship? It builds up after shooting anything destructible.

Once the meter is full press LB(L1?) or double tap the power beam button to deploy a satellite laser. Its energy will deplete over time. Kill more stuff to keep it topped up.

Other tricks:
                                Angle satellite accordingly by holding the deploy button down and moving a bit to cover more stuff coming onto the screen depending on the wave pattern.
                                Use it against bosses to kill them fast.

Once you've bagged the satellite we'll talk about the beam.
                                Finish off waves with pulses from the beam for a 4x bonus on top of the usual multiplier.
                                Repel boss beams using the beam for massive damage and bonus.

----------

User manual:

WOW! The stuff in that manual! You can "cross the streams" with other players to create even bigger bonuses!

Also, I paid 23quid for this on Steam, but I think it's a bargain at even 50. The content is enough to keep anyone going for months.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 11-12-2015, 06:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X