No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback, we'll see over the next few weeks I guess.

Comment

That's odd. I did that offer, never got the voucher.

PayPal gave me ?10 but my account is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
        I think the general rule is don't use Paypal for any service related payments, where an account can be held to ransom or taken away, no matter how good the promotion. These incidents are probably rare but you read Paypal-related horror stories all the time with Steam and PSN in particular. Good luck to MarioMark in getting the account back though.
        It's hardly paypal's fault that Sony's T&C's are backward and anti consumer. The general rule should be don't trust Sony with your account.

Comment

Have they started contacting yesterday's winners? Everytime I get an email I get a little excited it could be "the one".

Comment

Morning all, are we going on the chat room ? what's the link

any help would be much appreciated with the link thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
              I think it's because Paypal took ?10 out of Sony's account and gave it back to me to cover losses, so Sony hit the ban hammer on me.

It's Sony's promotion, I shouldn't have had to get Paypal involved but Sony told me to. The bottom line is I wanted a 3rd year on PS+ (hence me going for the offer) and this is how I get treated
              Sorry to hear man.
              Doing a chargeback via paypal or your credit card is always a no no with digital services as these are investigated and if successful the company sometime have to pay a fee/fine.
              Steam ban you for same thing and xbox live.

I don't know what you will be able to do to restore you're account, try customer support.

Sorry I read back my post , I wasn't implying you did it, was just putting it out there that's it's a big No and technically seen as a last resort to do. Paypal are an odd one as this exact same thing has happened to other people, it's like they chargeback without your permission but you're the one that gets done for it.
              Last edited by Family Fry; 19-12-2014, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                It's hardly paypal's fault that Sony's T&C's are backward and anti consumer. The general rule should be don't trust Sony with your account.
                No, it's Paypal's fault for issuing a charge back and incorrectly informing the customer on the next steps to get their missing ?10 voucher. As it's already been highlighted any charge backs get an account blacklisted which is a massive issue for the likes of Steam, PSN etc. Chargebacks are much rarer on credit/debit cards but essentially will be treated in the same way.

Both companies therefore failed the customer in this example. Sony CS should have issued the missing voucher or if not responsible and it was a Paypal promotion made it clear not to do chargeback. Paypal either should have pushed the customer back to Sony, or issued the voucher if it was their responsibility.

Sony's policies are backwards but this is relevant after the first mistake has been made. What you hope for now is for Sony to issue clear steps to the customer to reinstate the account, issue an apologies and compensation for the poor service. Equally Paypal should be compensating their customer too and both should be updateding their processes and training to make sure this doesn't happen again. Although realistically the best and most likely outcome is just getting the account back.

What is worse is that Paypal themselves have been known to issue chargebacks without the customers consent and there are countless stories reflecting this. None of this is new, and therefore it's simply safest not to use Paypal as a payment method if you don't want to run the risk (however small) of this happening.

Comment

link ?

Comment

not even in

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                      link ?

Comment

Comment

Aku Aku is the answer if anyone can get in

Comment

You beat me