No announcement yet.

Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I wrong in preferring th original there? But even a tiny angle change can make the colours in a photo look very different. We'd need to see them in the flesh side by side.

Comment

Physical games in physical shops just aren't that easy to come by any more. Hoping to get Majora's Mask without a trip into the city centre. Argos have it orderable for mid next week. HMV claim they're out of stock (got none in, more like). Local Tesco have one or two old DS games and nothing else as far as I remember. Any game shops close by closed down a few years ago. Nowhere close does games on launch any more.

Comment

Blame the internet DT!

Decent sized Tesco and Asda stores should have stock on day one. Always do in sunny Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Am I wrong in preferring th original there? But even a tiny angle change can make the colours in a photo look very different. We'd need to see them in the flesh side by side.
          The new one auto-adjusts to the ambient brightness of the surroundings, which makes a difference when taking pics.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            Decent sized Tesco and Asda stores should have stock on day one. Always do in sunny Essex.
            Not getting on at you, but this is something of a bugbear of mine. It's simply not true.

The Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys etc. near the last 3 or 4 places I've lived in England have all been the massive superstore size, but in all of them, their games department has been a joke. Poor stock of new releases, Pilotwings Resort for ?35, huge rows of shelves 1-game deep with many bare, not alphabetised, about 6 used games in the "section" and a chart made up of whatever the last staff member to walk by could be arsed to pick up off the floor and put on the shelf.

Some of the stores have managers who have been hired in from closing branches of Gamestation, etc. who take pride in their work and actually maintain a good unit. Most of them though are terrible and stock ****-all.

Comment

our local sainsburys is piss poor, tesco on the other hand have three massive isles of stuff and tend to price down stuff after a bit, but yeah its all down to management ive been in some real piss poor tescos.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                People seem to have different experiences based on different stores. Last time I was in my local one (admittedly quite some time ago) the selection was godawful. But I was picking up a couple of things close by and thought of your post here and thought, may as well take a look at least. And... they had it! You were correct. Not only that but their selection was pretty good, although mostly for PS4 and XBOne (which was a little surprising to me).

So thanks to you I shall be taking a visit to Termina this weekend!

Comment

The way Tesco and Asda are stocked in Surrey you would think video games didn't even exist.

Comment

Good stuff DT.

Speedy, that dirty gaming habit is way to lower class for the majority of Surrey

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Not getting on at you, but this is something of a bugbear of mine. It's simply not true.

The Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys etc. near the last 3 or 4 places I've lived in England have all been the massive superstore size, but in all of them, their games department has been a joke. Poor stock of new releases, Pilotwings Resort for ?35, huge rows of shelves 1-game deep with many bare, not alphabetised, about 6 used games in the "section" and a chart made up of whatever the last staff member to walk by could be arsed to pick up off the floor and put on the shelf.

Some of the stores have managers who have been hired in from closing branches of Gamestation, etc. who take pride in their work and actually maintain a good unit. Most of them though are terrible and stock ****-all.
                      Its just piss poor stock control and inventory management, which in superstores is somewhat expected.

Better managed stores stand out as what you mentioned is limited.

Comment

Quick question. I have two 3DS Animal Crossing Club Nintendo points codes but can't use them because I have already registered that game. I seem to remember some people trading codes recently due to this exact thing and I wanted to see if there was any chance anyone might have duplicate codes to trade for one of these. But I can't find the thread where people were doing that. Was it this? Or in the trading forum? Anyone know?

Comment

I'll hook you up DT with a code for one of those...not home right now but over the weekend i'll pm you a code.

Comment

Awesome, thanks dude. Just be aware that it's no good to you if you have already registered AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Awesome, thanks dude. Just be aware that it's no good to you if you have already registered AC.
                              I haven't ever fortunately. Its the same points for both WiiU and 3ds titles right?

I have one from DCK:TF and one from a 3ds game i have no clue which.

Comment

Yes, both WiiU and 3DS games give 250 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X