Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I may buy one off you, if you're interested. I really want one of those.
    I've got some codes you can have that are duplicates if you want them, which would get you up to 750 points, do you have any points at the moment if not we could start an get Asura a power up pouch drive. donate your cards for that warm fuzzy feeling of helping out a fellow forum dude.

Comment

I have a code for Last Story for the Wii if you want Asura (assuming you don't already have it, and if that is the case SHAME ON YOU!).

Comment

awsome hes up to a 1000 points allready, come on guys dig deep and get scratching them codes Pappa* wants a brand new bag**

* (Asura) **(pouch)

Comment

Actually that reminds me - I posted a couple of days back about two Animal Crossing points codes I have. PaTaito can trade me one but I have another for trade. Anyone got dupe codes to trade who didn't already register Animal Crossing?

Comment

Am I the only one to not like the 2nd stick of the new 3DS?
            There is no physical feedback when touching it. I don't know if I'm moving it or no.
            When in game, it's ok, but I can't imagine being precise for a game such Smash Bros.

I've tried it in a shop, I don't know if it gets time to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
              As I purchased a Ambassador N3DS I got a email from Nintendo saying if I buy Zelda I'm entitled to a free Skull Kid Figure. Nintendo do really like giving away free stuff.
              I went for this, but I didn't get my Skull Kid with the game.
              Did yours turn up?
              Don't know whether to moan to them yet...

Comment

na no skull kids for me either probably turn up in a month lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  I don't really disagree with you, but I'm just sick and tired of their stores being staffed by people who, for the most part, don't have a single fecking clue about what they are doing. It has literally been that way ever since GAME replaced Electronics Boutique UK all those years ago.

Not even coming close to dying has changed that aspect of GAME, and it's hugely irritating.
                  Technically it was EB that replaced Game on the high street. No idea if you knew that but many think EB was destroyed by Game and hold fond but certainly misguided memories of them.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Technically it was EB that replaced Game on the high street. No idea if you knew that but many think EB was destroyed by Game and hold fond but certainly misguided memories of them.
                    Yeah, old GAME was like an indie HMV that focused on videogames. They sold VHS tapes (mainly action movies and anime), CDs, gaming merchandise, even stuff like Magic the Gathering.

If they'd carried on their own course, they might've ended up being the videogame-centric version of Forbidden Planet or Games Workshop, as opposed to the weird business they've become.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Yeah, old GAME was like an indie HMV that focused on videogames. They sold VHS tapes (mainly action movies and anime), CDs, gaming merchandise, even stuff like Magic the Gathering.

If they'd carried on their own course, they might've ended up being the videogame-centric version of Forbidden Planet or Games Workshop, as opposed to the weird business they've become.
                      Game was generally really good back then. Ruined by US style business practices.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Game was generally really good back then. Ruined by US style business practices.
                        Weeeellllll... You say that, and you might be right. Looking at it from outside, though, I have no idea if it was already starting to fall apart. It was certainly "ruined" from my perspective as a consumer.

As I said above, though, it's a shame that they kinda ended up being quite a basic video game retailer, and didn't go down the route of something like Games Workshop. Then again I suppose those HMV superstores tried things like fighting game tournaments etc. and they folded.

I have a feeling if Skylanders and their ilk hadn't taken off, GAME would've already gone under. Already my local looks more like a toy shop.

Comment

I'd still much rather EBUK then than GAME now.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            ^ Damn. Then I just wasted an hour redeeming scratchcards and fillng in the surveys for a soon to be defunct service. Utter trash on the EU site as usual. Any chance we'll get these game offers?
                            Checked UK site with my measly 2005 credits. Can get some digital wallpaper, a Zelda ringtone or a sheet of Xmas wrapping paper. If this was US site I could download three games, including some excellent 3DS ones.

Comment

OUR FREE STUFF IS NT AS GOOD AS THE AMERICANS FREE STUFF!!!!!!

i wish id got one of them little plastic trophies when they had them some are selling for ?70+ on ebay lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                I'd still much rather EBUK then than GAME now.
                                But they are EB UK or they certainly started on that slippery slope after the takeover. Game died 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X