Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    OUR FREE STUFF IS NT AS GOOD AS THE AMERICANS FREE STUFF!!!!!!

i wish id got one of them little plastic trophies when they had them some are selling for ?70+ on ebay lol
    It's not even 'free', in my view. It's payment-in-kind for the time wasted filling on those multi-page surveys.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      It's not even 'free', in my view. It's payment-in-kind for the time wasted filling on those multi-page surveys.
      I see it more as a reason to buy Nintendo stuff new, a loyalty scheme that reward its loyal fans with merch

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        I see it more as a reason to buy Nintendo stuff new, a loyalty scheme that reward its loyal fans with merch
        I've bought a ton of Nintendo stuff since it started, and all I've managed to accrue is an Animal Crossing notebook and some Mario hanafuda cards. Both very nice, but the mind boggles at what some people must be splurging to get the credits for the higher-tier loot.

Comment

Back when it first launched the stuff you could get was amazing, i still remember the exclusive club nintendo coloured gba sp shells you could get. You chose a shell then sent your sp to nintendo and they would install the shell on your sp for you. They are now extremely rare & valuable. Towards the end the prizes were a lot less impressive more like tat and stationary stuff.

Comment

Got myself a black new 3DS XL yesterday, really liking the bigger screen and improved 3D as I've only had the small, original 3DS before. Not sure if I'll bother with changing the memory card as I primarily use my Vita for indie-games.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              But they are EB UK or they certainly started on that slippery slope after the takeover. Game died 15 years ago.
              But that's just it - they are not EB UK now. They might have been this time a decade ago, but they are not now.

There is zero trace of EB in GAME now. The GAME Group PLC own GAME. There is no element of Electronics Boutique within them now and hasn't been for a long time.

The original US EB stopped having anything to do with GAME stores in the UK and Ireland (ie. taking money from them due to ownership, etc.) back in 2006. That would've been 2003 were it not for a high court ruling.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-02-2015, 18:10.

Comment

EB UK changed their name to The Game Group PLC which is effectively what it is now. Whilst their US ties are long gone, it's still part of the same group that took the original game over back in 1999.

Comment

They are actually Game Digital PLC now.

Game Group PLC died back when Op Capita bailed them out of administration back in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Game Group PLC died back when Op Capita bailed them out of administration back in 2012.
                    So the link between what GAME is now and what EBUK was back then is even less so.

Comment

Indeed but they were Game Group until 2012 which bankrupt them. Game Group were simply a renamed EB UK.

Comment

Smash Bros got an update to support Amiibo on New3DS this week.

Comment

Like the look of this one

Link

Japan only in case you needed to ask.

Comment

Wowsers, where would one obtain one of them?

Comment

I've signed up for notification. Hopefully I can order it and collect it over there,

Comment

Can you notify me or order two!!! I'm definitely sold on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X