Nintendo 3DS: Thread 03 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Has the white XL got those coloured buttons, or just the smaller standard 3DS?
    Only the standard size one has the SNES buttons.

The XL comes in black or blue, no white one unfortunately. The letter on their buttons is coloured but the button is the same case as the shell.

Comment

Thanks, Meowmix.

The Game site is a bit misleading as when you click on the preorder on the 3DSXL, it still lists both versions and I thought I was clicking on the white big version.

I'd have considered a big one with the coloured buttons, even though I can't name a single game I'm desperate to play on it!
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 15-01-2015, 18:07.

Comment

Game? Misleading!?! Who'd have ever though they'd hear that being said eh .

Check out the small print at the bottom of their new 3DS px offers, it either repeats itself (with different prices though), fails to mention that the 2nd prices are for the XL or omits to put up the price for a PX machine that's considered to be grade C. Quite which one it is gawd only knows!?! .

Comment

I'm going to offset some of the price of my preorder by trading in my old PS3, it's all in fine working order but the analogues on the Dual Shock controller are worn through use... what are the chances I'll need to swap it out for an unworn one when trading in?

Comment

Well I've got a few games on Ps4,a few on xbox one and a few on Wii U....yet most of the day I've been playing 3D Afterburner lI

Comment

Anyone know if the new 3ds xl can be used in the std xl charging dock ....?.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
                Anyone know if the new 3ds xl can be used in the std xl charging dock ....?.
                It should.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  I'm going to offset some of the price of my preorder by trading in my old PS3, it's all in fine working order but the analogues on the Dual Shock controller are worn through use... what are the chances I'll need to swap it out for an unworn one when trading in?
                  I traded in a slim 360 towards a bone over xmas and a guy in the shop gave the machine and the a pretty thorough check over by sticking Fifa on and flying in and out of munus like he could play it with his eyes shut. He even noticed that the "kettle" type power lead wasn't the original MS one and had three pin holes in it instead of just the two needed. Manager gave it the ok but I'd had a good yak with him a few times before so maybe I was lucky.

Comment

Cheers, gonna give it a roll of the dice next week at my local. Should leave me just ?25 short of what I need

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                      I traded in a slim 360 towards a bone over xmas and a guy in the shop gave the machine and the a pretty thorough check over by sticking Fifa on and flying in and out of munus like he could play it with his eyes shut. He even noticed that the "kettle" type power lead wasn't the original MS one and had three pin holes in it instead of just the two needed. Manager gave it the ok but I'd had a good yak with him a few times before so maybe I was lucky.
                      Lol, I traded in a Falcon a long time ago with a third party composite cable and the warranty seal was broken.

I know I shouldn't have really, but GAME is GAME so...

Comment

Remember to get them to trade match with CEX if their prices are better.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          Cheers, gonna give it a roll of the dice next week at my local. Should leave me just ?25 short of what I need
                          I just tried to trade in a fat PS3 at game and they said to me they don't take the original fat ones anymore. Not sure if this is just my store or not. (Bolton) Took it to CeX and they game me ?52 cash where as GAME would have only given me ?59 price matched instore credit. (?58 for instore credit at Cex) So not much of a loss.

Price for some reason too was better in my local CeX than the online quoted price.
                          Last edited by djtickle; 16-01-2015, 12:09.

Comment

Okay, so with the new hardware launch next month, I might finally get around to buying a 3DS! Probably go for the normal size rather than XL, but what do people think?

Also, if I buy a new handheld (either model) from a shop/online here in the UK, what else will I need non-software wise? It comes with a charger, correct, unlike the US models? Any recommended carry cases for them? Screen protectors?
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You'll probably need a charger as i didn't think any new 3ds comes with one.

Comment

If the Nintendo store pre-orders, which specifically say that they include a charger are anything to go by I would say it is a good indication that there isn't one in box.

Comment

Working...
                                X