Need for Speed XX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need for Speed XX

Mirror's Edge 2 will launch in the first quarter of 2016, EA noted in its latest earnings call. The next Plants vs Zomb…

EA has confirmed that the next NFS is on the way after taking a year off and will be releasing alongside a mobile title this Xmas period. No real word but the usual selection of formats are expected and Ghost Games, makers of Rivals, is behind the game again.

I wonder what Criteron are doing these days? I can't understand why EA have dropped Burnout so maybe they're doing that again?

The last proper Burnout game was a few years ago now and still impresses today. A full free roaming sim at 60FPS, all achieved on last gen systems too!

Comment

Is this like BMX XXX?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Is this like BMX XXX?
        The only two things I could tolerate in that game was the Green Day and N.E.R.D songs on the soundtrack. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
          I wonder what Criteron are doing these days? I can't understand why EA have dropped Burnout so maybe they're doing that again?

The last proper Burnout game was a few years ago now and still impresses today. A full free roaming sim at 60FPS, all achieved on last gen systems too!
          Criterion are probably still hard at work on this.

Does sound intense I really hope they can pull it off, may see some progress at this years e3.

Comment

The next Need for Speed game is a reboot due out on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One autumn 2015. EA has decided to esche…

Ghost Games has confirmed that the next Need For Speed is a reboot focused on all the things that the series began as. It will focus on:

-Car Customisation
            -Urban Car Culture
            -Telling a Story
            -A Nocturnal Open World

It's sad when talking to the likely relatively young fanbase and coming up with the list of core things that they value gives you a list of all the things those who remember the early entries would probably say led towards its downfall, they have also confirmed that the game won't be coming to PS3 or 360.

Comment

****ing EA.

They chucked the 'Need for Speed' name on too many titles and ruined the brand name.

This sounds like Underground which should be a separate IP. The last Need for Speed game I played which felt like a return to form was Hot Pursuit; let that game should carry the main Need for Speed label as it had all the staples of what made the series great.

Comment

An Xbox Games Store listing for EA's upcoming Need for Speed reboot has spilled a potential release date for the game. …

A brief MS Game Store page pegged this as going up against CoD with a Nov 3rd release date

Comment

I've been fancying a racer that isn't a sim but just thinking, for a moment, about the levels of 'up in your face' character obnoxiousness that are bound to be generated by this story approach, and it makes me actually a little depressed.

Comment

The first Underground is still so good. None of that open world or stupid story junk. Just great racing.

Comment

Always online a requirement: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ine-connection

Comment

Screw that then.

Comment

Yep. I'm out.

Comment

lol @ comment on eurogamer: "Remember when gaming didn't require you to have friends?"

Comment

EA will learn one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X