X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No ending - Hardly any more pledges

Good one Yu

Comment

Yep. It's self-defeating and makes absolutely no sense.

Comment

"How many nails have we got left Bob?"

"Just the one Dave"

"Oh right, just bang it in that coffin would you"

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          All the years of having to put up with "I'd do anything for more Shenmue" here there and everywhere, only for it to happen and only 45,000 put up for the game. Goes to show how vocal a minority can be.
          This is what I mean when I say the internet can seem like an "echo chamber".

Think of pretty much any game you know of - then think of the "prevailing opinion" about that game. It's highly likely that "prevailing opinion" is actually something shared by <20 journalists and <50 commenters. Games sell millions of copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            All the years of having to put up with "I'd do anything for more Shenmue" here there and everywhere, only for it to happen and only 45,000 put up for the game. Goes to show how vocal a minority can be.
            People always want something more when they think they can't have it How many people in gaming alone, have this or that game/hardware, only for when they get it, to hardly play the thing. Shenmue III be lucky to get a million sales if ever comes out, that is

Comment

I think Yu Suzuki would be better off going back to making arcade style racers. Perhaps a new Outrun game on PS4 and Xbox One. I think they would be great on modern day tech

Comment

I'll eat my hat if it sells a million copies, especially in the knowledge that they'll just keep trying to pump the fans for cash again and again for more chapters. Do they think the loonies putting in $10k for a crappy jacket will do it time after time? That said, they might, fanboys are pretty weird.

Comment

He has always wanted 11 or so chapters, why compromise and squeeze it all into 1 game? I am glad he is hoping to make 4 too.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                    He has always wanted 11 or so chapters, why compromise and squeeze it all into 1 game?
                    Because there will likely only be one game.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                      He has always wanted 11 or so chapters, why compromise and squeeze it all into 1 game? I am glad he is hoping to make 4 too.
                      Surely no adult bar Suzuki can be this naive?

Comment

Utterly boneheaded. He's seen the number of pledges and money donated and its gone to his head. People want an end to the story, that's why they've paid. Take it too far and you'll be in exactly the same situation again after this ones release. Desperation to be relevant again perhaps.

Comment

It currently has less pledges than Castlevania. Someone needs to point that out to him.

Comment

It should end at 3. We all wanted an ending and I'd be happy for it to end on the 3rd game. YS should accept that the franchise was never as successful as he wanted it to be and be happy that the 3rd game is now possible. Look at it as over due borrowed time and give us all the closure we've waited so long for.

Comment

On the other hand, if he does pull off Shenmue 3 then Shenmue 4 shouldn't be too much work on top of that. The rest of the story takes place in China, doesn't it? Pushing to one side the possibility of a New York Harbor sailor-finding stretch goal(and how wicked that would be), I think it could be made quite cheaply.

There's every possibility his ego will be even harder to rein in if Shenmue 3 is released and we might well see him at E3 2018 counting down Shenmue 4's Kickstarter.

Comment

I, for one, am going to wait for Shenmue 16 before I jump on the hype train.

Comment

Working...
                                X