Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    . Take it too far and you'll be in exactly the same situation again after this ones release. Desperation to be relevant again perhaps.
    I think all that happens is Shenmue is being finished the way it was meant too , to me that's not a bad thing at all . And even if Yu Suzuki did try to finish the story all in one game - They'll be loads moaning that they've been short changed and no doubt another Kickstarter campain for Shenmue 'The untold chapters'. I rarher the game either be finished the way it was planned all those years ago (and thats the 10 or chapters left to be told), or not at all

And it was 16 chapters http://www.the-nextlevel.com/features/interviews/am2/

Yu's only big mistake IMO is to make it PC and PS4 only to get a million sales Shenmue III really needed to be multi-platform and also on the XBox One
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 29-06-2015, 14:25.

Comment

I just live in hope that my daughter will get to see whether or not Ryo manages to avenge his Father.

As an aside, it struck me how different things were back when Shenmue came out. My memory aint what it was but I think it was 60fps? Most devs would assume 30fps was absolutely fine for that type of game these days.
      Last edited by Brad; 29-06-2015, 14:29.

Comment

60fps? When Sega Rally couldn't muster a stable 30? 😅

Comment

I don't think it was close to 60fps. Certainly I remember massive frame rate drops in Shenmue 2 but maybe the original performed better.

Comment

First was generally around the 20-30 fps mark.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              60fps? When Sega Rally couldn't muster a stable 30? ��
              SEGA Rally could :P and SEGA Rally II could handle a stable 60 fps with a code :P .

I don't think it was close to 60fps
              Its was 30 fps for both Shenmue games with big hits when it got busy

Comment

Really? I just played it on a 14" trinitron and it looked silky smooth.

Comment

Ok got me on a technicality!

No 2 needed a code to remove all of the detail though!

Comment

Guess the old interlaced crt is disguising it then. I'll try it in vga on an lcd in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Really? I just played it on a 14" trinitron and it looked silky smooth.
                      Both games only run 30 fps as did 18 wheeler on the DC (which I also belive used the Shenmue engine ) all other AM#2 DC game run at pretty much a rock soild 60 fps

No 2 needed a code to remove all of the detail though!
                      Yes I said it needed a code to remove the '2D characters' . Its just a shame the Team weren't given more time and had to use that rubbish Windows CE tools for the port

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Guess the old interlaced crt is disguising it then. I'll try it in vga on an lcd in a bit.
                        It's possible your eyes are only running at 12fps. That happens as you get older.

Comment

Lol. I'm usually pretty good at telling, but.I haven't seen a dreamcast running on a crt for many years.

Comment

Funny. We used to call 18 Wheeler 18 Framer.

Comment

The big shocker is that Sonic Adventure 2 runs at a locked 4fps.

Comment

A week later and pledges have risen by $200,000 to $3.7m. Barring a late surge it's really looking like a $4-$4.5m final tally is on the cards.
                                I'd be curious as to how the PC release does, whether it appeals to enough users to buoy sales enough to creep us to Shenmue 4 as I doubt PS4 alone would be enough to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X