No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow man I completed on the Dreamcast. It was enjoyable as was Virtual Hydlide even if it was as stiff as a 2 week old turd I also completed Virtual Hydlide in Japanese. It was so crap it was good!

Comment

Are we name dropping under appreciated games? Rocket robot on wheels!
      Tombi!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        You're now comparing Shenmue to Shadowman? are you taking the piss?
        No I simply saying how games like that started the ball rolling for more bigger and open worlds, Body Havest on the N64 did a lot of that too.

Shadow man I completed on the Dreamcast. It was enjoyable as was Virtual Hydlide even if it was as stiff as a 2 week old turd I also completed Virtual Hydlide in Japanese. It was so crap it was good
        Meet too, I really enjoyed VH it was so bad it was good and I even liked the music to the game . Thanks to the random maps it was never the same game twice over

Comment

Still unannounced but preorders can already be placed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
            Still unannounced but preorders can already be placed.
            Just been told on twitter that was a scam

Comment

Ys Net re-open the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign for the purpose of blatant cash-grabbing despite exceeding their target by far in the original campaign and receiving Sony funding on top of that those who missed out the first time around, or "Slacker Backers" as they respectfully put it.

The crowdfunding period for Shenmue 3 has been reopened and extended, developer Ys Net Inc. announced today in a press release. According to an update to the game's campaign page, the team led by...
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-09-2015, 08:02.

Comment

This is so wrong. And it shouldn't be allowed. It's quite obvious that he woulda included those extras in the further stretch goals all along.

Comment

Laughable. Yet people lap it up.

Comment

Wow! That is cheeky!

Once the game is finished, will you then be able to buy it somewhere?
                    Is it only going to be the 66,282 people who contributed to the various game tiers who get to play it?
                    Judging by this, I'd be surprised if they didn't sell it in various other ways too.
                    I keep contributing to Kickstarter campaigns to make them happen only to find the end product is available cheaper or free afterwards.

They're saying it's being reopened because of popular demand, so maybe it's not a cynical cash grab...

Personally, I think anyone who's paying $10,000 for a replica jacket or to be an NPC has more money than sense.

Comment

Anyone will be able to buy it digitally, yeah.

Comment

most importantly -
                        physical copy of Shenmue 3 for the PlayStation 4

Comment

The cynical cash grab story doesn't go down as well as popular demand. It is cheeky. And yes, QC, you can be sure it will be sold - we're paying for their development. It's a real sweet number for anyone doing a kickstarter - public funds it with no ownership or backend deal and the dev can sell it forever. I backed it as a big Shenmue fan but, yeah, this is cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Once the game is finished, will you then be able to buy it somewhere?
                            I'm sure you'll be able to buy it digitally on PSN and probably Steam. I imagine the disc versions will be for backers only, then they can just print any old tosh cover art on an HP Deskjet 500c and manufacture a small run of discs because it's indie and it's not like they have to persuade people to pick it over some other game on the shelf. The PC disc could be even cheaper to produce because it wouldn't need to have that Starburst copy protection or whatever.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I keep contributing to Kickstarter campaigns to make them happen only to find the end product is available cheaper or free afterwards.
                            I contributed $5 for that very reason. Also because I'm not sure what situation I'll be in come December 2017. I might re-join the PC master race!

Personally, I think anyone who's paying $10,000 for a replica jacket or to be an NPC has more money than sense.
                            Hey, don't talk about shozuki like that!

Comment

i'm surprised Kickstarter don't put the kybosh on this nonsense to be honest and insist that once a project is backed that's it, as this damages the reputation/credibility of their own business when people will moan about Kickstarter in general as well as these Shenmue bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Hey, don't talk about shozuki like that!
                                Ooh, you bitch!

Comment

Working...
                                X