Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Wanting Shenmue 4 and being sucked into another kickstarter are two very different things. It is not going to be easy to pull this off again, not by a long shot. And as for it taking Shenmue 3 AND 4 to finish the story, the story could be finished in a leaflet. That's the wonderful thing about writing: you can edit.
    When if the so called fanbase is there and the game is good . One should hope Shenmue III sells over a million copies and not need kickstarter for Part IV as corps will be willing to fund Part IV and finish the fight. Also I do have to say what is so special about Shenmue story ? Its the basic and been done to death 'Revenge' Tail . To me what made Shenmue II so special was the cast of characters and the game world you were able to explore .

Btw I'm sure if Part III sells like crap , they'll be a kick starter campaign to release the game script and so either way you'll know the outcome . ... Thought I'm willing to bet Ryo will have his revenge whatever happens

Comment

Suzuki is a deluded ****e. If he cared one iota about his fans he'd have got the story resolved any how. A visual novel, a Walking Dead style game or whatever. This ridiculous saga is going to go on and on for another 15 damn years.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Erm, okay.

Shenmue 4 will be an iOS/Android interactive comic.
        Haha thanks! I thought I'd update the phrase 'mark my words' to be more relevant

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Suzuki is a deluded ****e. If he cared one iota about his fans he'd have got the story resolved any how. A visual novel, a Walking Dead style game or whatever. This ridiculous saga is going to go on and on for another 15 damn years.
          Your Blatant trolling on this and many other threads is now getting tiresome . You've got so much to say on a game and series you don't like and care little about . Yu is trying to finish off Shenmue the way it was meant to and that's with all the 11 chapters left to be told .
          Any cuts and any easy ways out and trolls like you, will be quick enough to say... it's only half of Shenmue there's been massive cuts and Suzuki-san shouldn't have bothered ECT..ECT...

Comment

Or, I've simply understood that fans of the series desperately want closure and to not give them that is foolish.

And I haven't talked about the series, merely the development of the long await third game.

Comment

So...

Of the 69320 pledgers:
              • some will want Shenmue III to be the last game in the series and bring the story to an end
              • Some will want Suzuki to take as long as he thinks he needs to finish the story

He's got triple the amount needed for the game to be funded, reopened pledging and is still saying he wants more money.

I can't imagine he would get anywhere near as much money for Shenmue IV, so I'm in the former camp where I want him to use this opportunity to bring the series to an end.

Comment

I've literally gone by all the fans I've spoken to personally and they all want closure.

Comment

Or, I've simply understood that fans of the series desperately want closure
                  I think they wanted Shenmue III and that's what they're getting , not that you care I mean would you have had so much fun in various Shenmue topics telling us how crap the game is and how you even dislike the DC.

So what do you care if 1) People are dull enough to fund a game 2) Shenmue story is finished off at all.

Other than trolling ?. I thought you were better than that

Comment

Ok TA. You carry on.

Comment

Someone pop up a poll -> do you want closure so that Shenmue 3 is the final game? Or do you want Shenmue 3 to end as a chapter in a larger story? Pretty certain I know what the results will be.

Comment

Ok TA. You carry on.
                        If one dislikes Half Life series as much as you dislike Shenmue series, why would those that dislike the series care if Half Life III is ever made at all. Never mind that its only games and life will be much the same and goes on regardless if Shenmue is ever finished or Half Life III is ever made

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Someone pop up a poll -> do you want closure so that Shenmue 3 is the final game? Or do you want Shenmue 3 to end as a chapter in a larger story? Pretty certain I know what the results will be.
                          What about for the script to be released on the internet now .

Not only do you get closer on Shenmue story with out waiting years for it , would could see if Shenmue III and IV are worth funding for playing out that story .

Comment

I don't *hate* Shenmue, merely believe it's overhyped. However tons of people I know love it and want closure. A lot of those people are people I know and like a lot so it would be nice for them to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              There are tons of virtua fighter references, combat moves etc. in Shenmue. Shenmue started life as a Virtua fighter adventure game or something I think. Like how Panzer Dragoon got a Panzer Dragoon Saga game I guess.
                              Tons of references, yeah, but it doesn't play anything like VF.

Comment

Agreed! Just commenting on the VF origins of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X