Animal forest: happy home designer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal forest: happy home designer.

Thought this could do with it's own thread, due to the current E3 madness thats infected the forum can you keep your crazyness to the E3 section, i don't want it in here.

Well after been a bit dubious on how much game there was to this thing, i have discovered there's quite a bit to this after all, while not a full blown AF game it's still got a lot to do from what i can see. Been able to design not only the houses that go in the town but also the other buildings in the town as well, and been able to design the gardens makes this a nice change. Also a lot easier to move stuff around with the touch screen and place items where you couldn't even in the full main games making the houses look a lot more detailed with what you can insert.

The game uses amiibo cards to summon the villager on it into your town and then design the perfect house for them depending on what tastes they have. You can then use more of the cards to summon your favourite villagers over and have a housewarming party. There's a lot of these things and they are not cheap if you want a complete set they ae 300 yen a pack and you get 3 in a pack, there 100 cards in series one and i'm going to guess the same amount in series 2. Least they wont take up a lot of room unlike the figures do.

Game comes in 2 ways, either on it's own or with a amiibo reader for people that don't have a N3DS with the built in reader.

Here's a 8 min video showcasing what you can do in the game.

The designing part was one of my favourite bits along with trying to get complete sets of each furniture theme, hoping there's a lot of furniture choices in the game.

Pre-ordered the game as well. Must admit I'm tempted to get my orders in for boxes of series 1 and 2, although they cost almost as much as a New3DS XL each...

Comment

Sadly all the series 1 cards have been snapped up by resellers on Amazon, and now at 29,600 yen a box the robbing gits, think some of the 5 card packs are left though.

Comment

I'll get a few packs via the GF I think but it remains to be seen how popular it ends up being over here. I might be able to get the lot easily, or get nothing at all.

Comment

Well if you get any doubles let me know as i'll most likely have quite a few myself, always up for trades.

Comment

I'll be NA/JPN I guess, you sticking with JPN ones?

Comment

Yeah Jpn only for me, with a 150 cards from each box thats going to leave me with at least 50 duplicates for trading.

Comment

I'll probably be right there to just snap up your dupes tbh, works out for both of us.

Comment

Seems Nintendo is slowly revealing all the cards in the first series, the first 17 cards are special ones so i'm guessing they are the rares as they have a weird hologram sparkling effect on them and they are all the village staff or special visitors to the village. Nook, Shizue ect.. all the rest are non sparkling ones but the cards also seem to have a secondary feature as theres icons for janken and dice numbers, no idea what they are for maybe a game to play with the cards outside of scanning them into the game?. 3 and a bit weeks & i'll be able to see what they are for.

Comment

And more updates, while i wait for it to come out theres now a nice tv commercial for it.

Comment

Seems the rumors might be true about a full set from one booster box, as somneone on neogaf watched someone open a full booster box on youtube & recorded the pack breakdown. I shall find out when mine arrive if this is really the case or not but will make it a damn sight easier to assemble a full set of 400 cards if all you need to do is buy a booster box from each series.

First 20 or so mins of the game

Looking forward to this a lot, been a long time since i played a doubutsu no mori game.

Comment

Seems a good deal, ?32.99 delivered with the NFC Amiibo/card reader included. Game on it's own is more on Amazon.

Cheap video games, DVDs and Blu-Rays from 365games.co.uk Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC games at a fraction of the RRP!

Sounds like they take payment upon order though

So tempted to partake but really must resist.

Comment

That's not too bad a price if it has the reader as well, Amazon Jp sold it for ?27, i have a n3DS with a built in NFC reader my older 3DS consoles do not so i got it in case i need to communicate with older ones.

It's going to be one of those kinds of games that peopleeither love or hate, some people seem to hate it because it's not a full sequel to a regular animal forest game. Doesn't bother me too much as they will eventually release the next official game in the series, hopefully with as much house customization added in as this game has. They really went all out with what you can do.

Comment

I succumbed. I haven't shopped with 365 before but that seemed too good a deal to miss. I reckon the NFC reader will be a tenner on release, which makes it ?23 for AC. I'm still hoping there'll be a little more to the game than what I've seen so far - it looks fun but could turn into repetitive drudgery. Having said that, there's not an AC game I haven't enjoyed.

Comment

Can't see the reader being a tenner to be honest, more like fifteen quid. Unless Nintendo use business sense and make it cheap so to expand the Amiibo customer base reach massively.

Comment

Working...
                              X