No announcement yet.

gamescom 2015 - updated with hands-on impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your updates, [MENTION=603]Uli[/MENTION]!

Comment

Thanks Uli.

Comment

you are welcome!

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
        I haven't managed to follow the MS press conference, so forgive me if this is old news, but was there any mention of a release date for the wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller to work with Windows?
        not that i know of. but why would there be a new adapter? does the 360 adapter not work?

i find it even more ridicoulus that there is still no wireless chat headset avaiable for Xbox One and also no annoucement yet. hope there will soon be a third party solution because the standard headset is a pain to wear.

Comment

Have to say the XBox One stuff looked brilliant and I'm loving the look and feel of the new Fable and surprised there's so little talk of what looks to be the best game from Lionhead in years

Comment

indeed a convincing games line up for Microsoft. let's hope this transfers to sales as well. i am not exactly an Xbox fanboy as i love and own ever Playstation but i really don't like the idea of a Sony dominated console market.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
              Okay, 2nd day games...

Destiny The Taken King (first mssion hands on) - a very generous presentaion with a 30 min hands on and 20 min interview with Bungie's community manager. the new supers are awesome - i tested the Titan Hammer and the Warlock's lightning attack. the new weapons are fun and seem to be designed a bit more thoughtful and with fewer reskins if at all. no new planets will be added, there is just the gigantic Dreadnoght plus an intro section, there will be changes to the old patrol bounties and also new enemies included in the venus and moon raids. Light level system will be replaced by a new kind of XP based level up system. level cap is 40 and legendary weapons wont be upgradable. so what can i say? it's more Destiny with a huge chunk of fresh content. can't wait!

Dark Souls 3 (PC gameplay demo) - design wise it's going back to the first Dark Souls but with bigger bosses. technically the game is hit and miss with some great animated bosses but also lower resolution backdrops and an inconsistent lighting with no dynamic shadow for torches and other fire sources. boss fights are superb looking and seem to be on par with Bloodborne.

Mad Max (15 minutes Xbox One hands on ) - can't say much as it took me too long to figure the controls but the game seems to have potential. fighting system is fun and has lots of possibilities. open world and mission based. felt a bit like Rage but more intricate close combat and with deeper RPG elements. graphics captured the movies atmosphere perfectly but were not all that great compared to current gen's top titles. i have this on my watch list.

Rainbow 6 Siege (15 minutes 5v5 multiplayer hands on, PC version) - i was completely overstrained with the controls and countless options to infiltrate with cams, mount stuff and secure areas. it's really very fast paced and rounds can be over in like 2 minutes. unfourtunately i coudn't check the co-op mode Terror Hunt. i hope this gives us more AI to fight against. technically it's okay looking and still a bit glitchy with heavy clipping and some stiff animations. weapons and gunplay feel great though. it's certainly going to be fun for series veterans but i doubt it provide as much long term appeal to me as Vegas or Vegas 2 did.
              thanks for the write up on R6 mate. Hopefully the final product will have those issues fixed. I heard there're no doors in the game, which if true is just insane.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                I haven't managed to follow the MS press conference, so forgive me if this is old news, but was there any mention of a release date for the wireless adapter for the Xbox One controller to work with Windows?
                October the 20th according to Amazon.de

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  October the 20th according to Amazon.de
                  Thanks Boris, that's good to know!

Comment

Working...
                  X