Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Haha! Too right.

Barely bother posting stuff here (for sale) these days, nobody seems interested.
    Importing has become both wider and yet more niche. I think overall there are fewer games coming out, so fewer remain in single territories. For instance, I used to import loads of Japanese stuff, but these days I find most of the Japan-only games I see are impenetrable to a non-Kanji-reader.

I only make exceptions for Gundam Vs.

Comment

Well, I was speaking more broadly than this current generation. I know what you mean though, the majority of stuff being left in Japan is stupid hentai games for the Vita and other trash.

Funnily enough, Xtreme 3 isn't being produced by Itagaki who seems to be a little shocked at the lack of certain features in the game.

Comment

Haha! Too right.

Barely bother posting stuff here (for sale) these days, nobody seems interested.
        same as the wanted forum - dont think i've had a reply in years to wanted items :-(

we all maybe need to put a few tasty things over the xmas period; get it fired up again.

Comment

Well, I was speaking more broadly than this current generation. I know what you mean though, the majority of stuff being left in Japan is stupid hentai games for the Vita and other trash.
          Yes.

Funnily enough, Xtreme 3 isn't being produced by Itagaki who seems to be a little shocked at the lack of certain features in the game.
          Looks like a boring game, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Importing has become both wider and yet more niche. I think overall there are fewer games coming out, so fewer remain in single territories. For instance, I used to import loads of Japanese stuff, but these days I find most of the Japan-only games I see are impenetrable to a non-Kanji-reader.

I only make exceptions for Gundam Vs.
            It only takes some trial and error. And sometimes Google Translate

Comment

Meh, I like tits, I like beaches, I like DOA. I'll probably buy this.

Comment

Mostly, but unfortunately it also includes Yakuza and Ace Attorney games.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Forget the number of followers, it's an official channel of communication for them, plastered with their name and logo, and it's there for anyone to see or be linked to. I don't find their Facebook account linking to Breitbart particularly palatable either, but at least that's not directly antagonising customers.

There's plenty of companies with crap service and prices I still shop with when it's convenient. Play-Asia was on that list, whereas now I'll be actively avoid using them.
                  In this sort of situation I have to say that it's going to be your loss, as you'll be denying yourself access to what they provide. As such a large business, they're unlikely to notice that you've stopped shopping there. Why make things more difficult for yourself over something so trivial?

Comment

It's funny that people go to beaches full of ladies in bikinis(some even topless on European beaches), but then they act like bad quality CG females in bikinis are demeaning to women. It's also funny that if the CG girls were flat chested, some people wouldn't have so much of a problem with the game. I have to laugh at people who have a problem with CG boobs. It's all crazy. But as much as it's sad that it's going to lead to censorship and developers cowering to nutters, I have to laugh at how preposterous the whole situation is.

I didn't have any interest in DOAXV3, but now I'm going to buy it just to object to people saying busty girls in bikinis are offensive.
                    I will even try and get a poster for the game that's hopefully full of boobs.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 27-11-2015, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                      In this sort of situation I have to say that it's going to be your loss, as you'll be denying yourself access to what they provide. As such a large business, they're unlikely to notice that you've stopped shopping there. Why make things more difficult for yourself over something so trivial?
                      I am fully aware that my shopping there is not the alpha and omega of their business model. Similarly, my not shopping there really doesn't make any difference to me; I've already made it quite clear that I don't even buy regularly from there nor depend on them, so I'm quite happy to make a stand. I am genuinely baffled why you're so defensive about this.

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      It's funny that people go to beaches full of ladies in bikinis(some even topless on European beaches), but then they act like bad quality CG females in bikinis are demeaning to women. It's also funny that if the CG girls were flat chested, some people wouldn't have so much of a problem with the game. I have to laugh at people who have a problem with CG boobs. It's all crazy. But as much as it's sad that it's going to lead to censorship and developers cowering to nutters, I have to laugh at how preposterous the whole situation is.

I didn't have any interest in DOAXV3, but now I'm going to buy it just to object to people saying busty girls in bikinis are offensive.
                      I will even try and get a poster for the game that's hopefully full of boobs.
                      To clarify: no-one complained about this game. If you enjoy it then aside from thinking you have bad taste, I'm delighted for you. What is actually happening is a retailer's feeding you a "the PC brigade wouldn't want you to have boobs!" line and now people are busting at the crotch-seams to throw money at them. Yeah dude, stick it to the man!

Comment

If you enjoy it then aside from thinking you have bad taste
                        I played the first game in the series a couple of times and didn't like it. I do like the DOA fighting games, though. I have no problem with male characters having huge muscles - and female characters having huge boobs. It's all over the top fun to my eyes. I don't think artists should try to make fantastical game characters look realistic, just to please those who disapprove.

What is actually happening is a retailer's feeding you a "the PC brigade wouldn't want you to have boobs!" line and now people are busting at the crotch-seams to throw money at them. Yeah dude, stick it to the man!
                        I'm not busting at the crotch over CG ladies, but if I did see women who looked so marvelous in real life, I certainly would be.

If the talk of Tecmo Koei being in fear of the PC brigade is a ruse to get people to import the game, then it would be an unprecedented move. I just can't believe that's the case. With Capcom censoring a female character in Street Fighter V, it looks like it's actually true - games developers have taken note of Anita Sarkeesian and her followers and decided to cower to their small-mindedness.

So, as someone who finds boobs(of any size) inoffensive, I will buy the game as a small act of support for the gaming industry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with busty ladies in bikinis - be they CG or real. If someone doesn't like musclebound male characters, or curvy and busty female characters, that's fine, but no one should try to stifle artistic expression leading to everything being as they want it to be. Lots of artists obviously love to draw exaggerated body shapes - and I enjoy that.

I hope there's a backlash against those who frown upon it - and companies like Capcom & Tecmo Koei stand up and actually show some guts by defying hardline feminists and the PC brigade in general. Buying DOAXV3 might help send a positive message that petty intolerance should never win.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 27-11-2015, 22:25.

Comment

Your logic makes absolutely no sense dude.

Comment

Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 3

So, you don't expect to like the game, but you're going to buy it (and a poster!) to make a stand against intolerance (?!), because the people trying to sell you the game said the (mysteriously silent) PC boogeyman wouldn't want you to have it. Okay!

Regarding Tecmo Koei's motives: I don't see the point in trying to deduce what might or might not have been going on there; what matters to me is that Play-Asia took this angle, ran with it, and have doubled down on it since. If it even is clever marketing bait, they're the ones that took it.

So hey; if you do want the game, my recommendation would be to go through these guys:

We've moved our store! If you're looking for something that was listed on our previous site, please check out this Rice Digital Store Links page.

They're already cheaper than Play-Asia, so if they can just manage to avoid being a prick to you on social media then they're two for two!
                            Last edited by fuse; 27-11-2015, 23:38.

Comment

They're really going as far as to stock Asian English version copies?

Why even...

Comment

I am fully aware that my shopping there is not the alpha and omega of their business model. Similarly, my not shopping there really doesn't make any difference to me; I've already made it quite clear that I don't even buy regularly from there nor depend on them, so I'm quite happy to make a stand. I am genuinely baffled why you're so defensive about this.
                                Eh? I'm not being defensive. If anything, it's me who's baffled as to why you even feel the need to take a stand on such a trivial matter. It's really not worth doing.

Also, I didn't say that whether or not you so there constitutes the "alpha or omega" of their business model, just that this sort of action only really affects you, not them. There's no real point in doing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X