Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    It's not as good as Chrono Cross though. ��
    Am I really going to be bringing this out again? Yes, I think I will be...!

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The DS port is very good but the music isn't quite as good as the SNES original.

Tales of games are dire as Shaffy pointed out.

Comment

No grinding, no backtracking, no random battles. Even without the terrific plot, characters and scenarios, those points alone make it the finest JRPG ever made.

Comment

Tales of games are dire as Shaffy pointed out.
          They are wonderful with their tacky anime-tropes and great battle systems. But admittedly they are niche titles and are generally mediocre outside of the battles, which is why they appeal to the few.

If you don't like Chrono Trigger, RPGs, specifically JRPGs, are not the genre for you.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
            They are wonderful with their tacky anime-tropes and great battle systems. But admittedly they are niche titles and are generally mediocre outside of the battles, which is why they appeal to the few.

If you don't like Chrono Trigger, RPGs, specifically JRPGs, are not the genre for you.
            Anime has killed japanese RPGS imo. Nasty, tacky characters and nothing plots marred with often sloppy 'action' battle systems.

Yuck. I hate Tales. Childish junk.

Comment

I love anime but I don't like the Tales games.

Watching is one thing, but being actively involved in something like that... Doesn't gel with me after growing up playing the likes of Pok?mon and Final Fantasy.

Comment

Eh, I'd argue that some Tales games have pretty enjoyable storylines. Vesperia was my first, and I actually found Yuri as a main character to be particularly solid.

Comment

Well the Persona games are basically playable anime and they are absolutely banging. Just depends how well it's done I think.

Comment

Anime has killed japanese RPGS imo. Nasty, tacky characters and nothing plots marred with often sloppy 'action' battle systems.

Yuck. I hate Tales. Childish junk.
                    True, but I enjoy it to some extent. I really enjoyed the shounen anime with its moves and techs when younger and the Tales of series translates that into game form perfectly (with Star Ocean). Of course it's gotten a little old but I still enjoy the battle system and how the moves translate into a nice choreography.

Comment

Ah yes the old "all ____ games are ****". Played all of them? No? Not a fair statement then. Perhaps you just don't like action RPGs.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Well the Persona games are basically playable anime and they are absolutely banging. Just depends how well it's done I think.
                        I stand corrected. Atlus seem to have nailed the anime style with their games. The manage to take a nice mature approach whilst keeping a nice healthy dollop of humour. Same with most of the Mega Ten franchises.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Ah yes the old "all ____ games are ****". Played all of them? No? Not a fair statement then. Perhaps you just don't like action RPGs.
                          I like good action rpgs. Most of them exist a long time ago though. Too many button mashing ones now.

Comment

I've tried to play Persona 4 about a dozen times.

I'm not sure why, but the lack of a world in Persona 3/4 seems to put me off. I've yet to really explore the dark world/labyrinth for more than 10 hours but it just seems repetitive and I lose interest.

Comment

The Persona 3 dark world is really repetitive indeed. They are slow paced but ultimately great games. 4 is better.

Comment

The P3 dark world/P4 TV world are repetitive, yeah. It's the fun of the combat, the Persona fusing system and the awesome story and characters that keep you playing.

I love the life sim vibe, with each day having a beginning, middle and end. Going to school on weekdays, hanging out with friends on weekends and even doing your exams then having a summer holiday! So well executed and pretty unique. Love it.

Speeds I think you should give it another try as I'm amazed you're not a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X