No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Konami titles / memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, they really knew how to make great games on gameboy. The first Goemon on gameboy had an incredible soundtrack, it was my first ever import game i bought and boy it was a good one.

All Goemon games have fantastic sountracks but sarewareta Ebisumaru was always my fave, 24 years old and i still enjoy it as much as ever.

Oh Konami how far you have fallen.
    Last edited by importaku; 19-09-2015, 10:50.

Comment

Their Parodius port for the GameBoy was amazing.

Comment

Remember picking that up from Virgin megastores and them hammering the hell out of it when i got home, sadly it didn't last long but it has lots of replay value. Was my first parodius game as at that point i had never tried the snes one.

It's one that emulates a bit weird as it uses the flickering transparency effect.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
          Their Parodius port for the GameBoy was amazing.
          All their GB shoot-em-up ports were amazing.

Comment

Gradius/Nemesis had the Konami code and secret levels!

Recently playing Gradius V has brought back some lovely Game Boy memories.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              Gradius/Nemesis had the Konami code and secret levels!
              I still rock the GB Gradius/Nemesis games today.

Comment

Pfff so many...

Salamander on PCE and realising that arcade perfection was a reality, contra 3 on snes and being utterly addicted to the 2 player mode, symphony of the night on ps1 and being astounded by the quality of the visuals and more so the music, metal gear solid and just thinking "what the actual ****".

My favorite though was the true fear of playing silent hill. It was fresh and original, and struck real fear minus cheesy jump tactics...

Comment

Aye probably silent hill as well, especially when pyramid head made an appearance and the nurses - bloody creepy

Another fan of the turtles arcade machine "say your pwayers twurtles" and still play it now

Sunset riders was another class arcade machine

Never really got into zone of the Enders at all being honest but metal gear solid was played multiple times with bandana and tuxedo including twin snakes, loved the whole idea of psycho mantis and switching ports to beat him

Comment

Has to be Metal Gear Solid as the standout title for me.

Comment

A few of the usual suspects for me:
                      Rocket Knight Adventures, Probotector, Gradius V and of course MGS.

As for something a little different I remembered I has these handheld one-game toys that were made by Konami. Spent many an hour annoying the parents with them on car journeys - TMNT, TMNT2, Star Trek and Bucky O'Hare.

Comment

Kid Dracula on the famicom is lovely. Blades of Steel on The NES at the time was brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                          Blades of Steel on The NES at the time was brilliant!
                          An excellent, excellent shout.

One of my all-time favourite NES games and one of my all-time favourite sports titles on any gaming format.

Comment

I liked Ring of Red: awful script, but unusual and good targeting mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                              As for something a little different I remembered I has these handheld one-game toys that were made by Konami. Spent many an hour annoying the parents with them on car journeys - TMNT, TMNT2, Star Trek and Bucky O'Hare.
                              At various points, I owned and/or played: TMNT, TMNT2: Splinter Speaks, Top Gun, Blades of Steel, Bayou Billy, Bucky O'Hare, Double Dribble and Skate Or Die.

Fun to play for the time but never really on the level of Nintendo Game & Watch or the many licensed Tiger LCDs. That said, they're a damn sight cheaper and easier to find nowadays than G&Ws.

Comment

Anyone played snatcher? That was Konami I think.
                                Games I've loved by said software publisher...
                                Parodius and sequels
                                Gradius / nemesis
                                Track and field / hyper sports
                                Yie ar kung fu
                                Contra / gryzor
                                Green beret

Comment

Working...
                                X