No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Konami titles / memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If one company made the best curries, and the other made the best fish n' chips???

I'm f***ing eating BOTH .

Comment

And yet Konami arcade coin-ops were always a poor second to Capcom's arcade output.

Like I said, both of em are rubbish nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        If one company made the best curries, and the other made the best fish n' chips???

I'm f***ing eating BOTH .
        Chips and curry sauce.

Comment

Capcom's Dreamcast Support was Stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            Capcom's Dreamcast Support was Stellar.
            Aye. As was their Saturn support. Both machines would've died much quicker without it.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              Chips and curry sauce.
              Ebony and ivor-eeeee

Comment

Anyhoo...Six pages into a Konami wake and nobody has mentioned Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator?

(Technically not developed by Konami but they did publish it in the West!)

Comment

I've actually only recently got into that and my word it's absolutely awesome.

Comment

Konami for me in the 16 bit days were 2nd only to NCL for gaming perfection and my fave games of Konami would be

Castlevania IV - For me the best platform game in the 16 bit era after Mario IV

Conta III - Forget Metal Slug, forget Gunstar Heroes this is the best . My jaw hit the floor when I 1st saw and played the overhead sections for the 1st time

Prince of Persia - Ok it was only published by Konami but my good is it not the best version of the game and an all time classic

MGS - Just amazing from start to finish

Axelay - Look and sounded out of this world and also was a great shooter to boot

XEXEX - My eyes pop out when I saw this game for the 1st time . Looked and played beautifully.

Gradius V - One of the best shooters ever made

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK;2231600

[B
                      Rocket Knight and Sparkster (MD) [/B]- Both great action / platform games. For me arguably Konami at their peak on home systems.
                      Also, the SNES version is really nice in all areas. Great games.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      I've a soft spot for Krazy Racers on GBA.
                      Yeah, a cool little racer. One of my favourite GBA games.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

That said, it looks awful now. Konami improved upon the original engine massively with Turtles in Time.
                      Yeah, Turtles in Time is excellent. I was playing the SNES version today and still love it.

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post

Sunset riders was another class arcade machine
                      I remember first seeing it in a Brighton arcade and being really impressed. The SNES version is also good.

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Super Castlevania IV. Imagine a cartridge that housed THE best bassy, abstract mood-jazz soundtrack of ALL TIME. And then also gave you a cool game where you could could not only crack a whip...you could *manipulate* it, frig it about, flank it, jazz it, bast it at enemies. Flog 'em at will, crack 'em, shwap em. Lash 'em with an almost lust. And them sound fx. There is no Castlevania game like IV. It is one of a kind.

Contra 3. The best game on the SNES along with Zelda. And the MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
                      Yeah, both games have incredibly brilliant music. Two games that always spring to mind when I think of how great SNES music can sound. Konami's musicians were extremely talented.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Axelay - Look and sounded out of this world and also was a great shooter to boot
                      I still love the graphics - and the soundtrack is excellent. Still a really captivating shooter.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 22-09-2015, 22:08.

Comment

Another one for Castlevania IV - great music, graphics and control - still my favourite Castlevania. which reminds me, I have another smile for the other thread

Comment

I keep meaning to get the Hardcore Gaming 101 books on Konami Shooters and Castlevania.
                          Does anyone here have them?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Anyhoo...Six pages into a Konami wake and nobody has mentioned Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator?

(Technically not developed by Konami but they did publish it in the West!)
                            Almost seven pages before anyone mentioned Snatcher, too.

One of the few games preventing the MegaCD from being a total write-off.

Comment

Original NES Castlevanias, MGS, Silent Hill, Rondo of Blood, Circle of the Moon, and Survival Kids were the games that lit my cock on fire over the years.

Comment

Bonus point for the boxart on Vampire Killers.
                                It's just begging to be played! It's hinting at a story that you can take part in!

Comment

Working...
                                X