No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur 2- general advice on truly getting better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tokuda mate, I need a bit of advice as a Mitsu player.

Going through his movelists I am having difficulty decipering the conditions of a move. The in game list has two entries for

6+B, 2

Looking at the demos of each the actual attack looks identical but one is a knockdown and the other isn't. Despite hours of practice I can't find any differntial in the command performed. I've tried delays but the windo to perform the down command is already tight.

Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Going through his movelists I am having difficulty decipering the conditions of a move. The in game list has two entries for

6+B, 2

Looking at the demos of each the actual attack looks identical but one is a knockdown and the other isn't. Despite hours of practice I can't find any differntial in the command performed. I've tried delays but the windo to perform the down command is already tight.

Any advice?
      ah- I`ll definetely know this, but I`m a bit confused by `6+B,2`, especially as my keyboard doesn`t have number commands. (Only at the top of the keyboard). Any chance of displaying this another way? Also, does B mean horizontal? I`m presuming it does...

Comment

So towards + B, and then down. I've watched the demos and I can't figure it out either yet...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
          Originally posted by C'

6+B, 2

Any advice?
          ah- I`ll definetely know this, but I`m a bit confused by `6+B,2`, especially as my keyboard doesn`t have number commands. (Only at the top of the keyboard). Any chance of displaying this another way? Also, does B mean horizontal? I`m presuming it does...
          B is vertical innit?

Anyway, I've actually sorted it.

The move is the modifier of Mitsurugi's stabbing forward (Towards + Vertical Attack) then you can vary the height away from mid by quickly pressing up or down on the stick .

It seems pressing down can be done in two ways. Turns out that the knockdown version doesn't always knockdown (he stabs them in the foot then they hop around and drop) but them falling depends on the distance you are from your opponent. Do it too close and they stay standing. However, the actual movement is delayed so the timing of the 2 versions is different.

I'm still trying to master the timing on the delayed version but I seem to be able to pop it out 90% of the times I want to.

Comment

Mark- With Mitsu, you really want to get his 2 stances and all the variations of moving into them from other moves into your routine.

The move you asked me about is pretty useful as well, although I wouldn`t say its essential to learn the timing of the delayed version as that `stabbing foot` move is fairly sign-posted (thats why I only use it every so often, and it usually catches out my opponents).

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
              Mark- With Mitsu, you really want to get his 2 stances and all the variations of moving into them from other moves into your routine.

The move you asked me about is pretty useful as well, although I wouldn`t say its essential to learn the timing of the delayed version as that `stabbing foot` move is fairly sign-posted (thats why I only use it every so often, and it usually catches out my opponents).
              Yeah, I'm really clicking with Mitsu at the moment. Whilst I am not 100% fluid I know all the different methods of transferring into (and switching between) the 2 different stances. When done wel it can really mess up the opposition (my fellow players say I'm better with him than I am with Talim and I've been playing as her a lot longer, although it's only since the home version that I've appreciated her full movelist).

Mitsu is appealling to me as he is a stark contrast to how Talim is played. Although they are both more direct fighters than chars such as Voldo or Kilik, Talim relies on lots of multihitting moves and linking them all together, whereas Mitsu seems to put a lot more effort and power into single or double hit attacks that leave the opponent reeling. Some of stuff he inflicts on the opponent is sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Yeah, I'm really clicking with Mitsu at the moment. Whilst I am not 100% fluid I know all the different methods of transferring into (and switching between) the 2 different stances. When done wel it can really mess up the opposition (my fellow players say I'm better with him than I am with Talim and I've been playing as her a lot longer, although it's only since the home version that I've appreciated her full movelist).
                sick!

You will be a hard player to play against then, especially if you nail those transfers into the 2 stances.

I`m interested in putting my time into learning another character as well, but for now I need to concentrate on Mitsu with that big tournament coming up in June.

Comment

Currently learning the Mitsu too... can nail the stances... just need to develop ways of knowing when to do it however. But he's a good character with some decent power...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mitsu's good. No doubt. However, despite my seeming success with him, I think once I've got him down to a good standard I'm going to continue concentrating on Talim.

She can mess people up good.

I also want to be able to play well as Yunsung and Raphael. They aren't clicking with me in the same way as chars such as Talim and Mitsu but look so very promising. Lots of potential in them I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
                      Hey! Wheres the VF4 Evo version of this thread eh?
                      seconded

Comment

Im just annoyed that Lizardman isn't in SC2

Comment

i hear there are action replay codes to make lizard man and the others playable, in the gamecube version at least.
                          noot sure how well they work though

Comment

Originally posted by wazy15
                            Im just annoyed that Lizardman isn't in SC2
                            Why?

There's 20 other perfectly great characters in there. Sure, none are an exact match for the lizard but each has an incredibly deep fighting style that begs to be developed and exploited.

I was a Hwang player and whilst I initially lamented his loss, I soon found Talim fitted in perfectly with how I wanted to play the game. Plus I feel I have had a lot more fun with the game starting from scrath with a new character than I would have done if I just had to modify my existing SC1 style to the changes to my char in SC2.

Comment

Still cracking on with Ivy, and just got her nice red langerie suit hehe One thing though, this is probably really obvious but being a beat em up virgin, how do you block throws? I think I've done it by accident a few times but I can't do it when I mean to!

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                                Still cracking on with Ivy, and just got her nice red langerie suit hehe One thing though, this is probably really obvious but being a beat em up virgin, how do you block throws? I think I've done it by accident a few times but I can't do it when I mean to!
                                throws are performed with either the horizontal attack button plus block or by pressing the vertical attack button together with the block button.

If someone throws you while using the veritical plus block, you need to press vertical at the same time to block it. Likewise, if they try to throw you with a horizontal plus block, you have you tap the horizontal button to block the throw.

Theres no way of knowing what kind of throw your opponent is going to try on you, so the best thing to do is very quickly tap both horizontal and vertical in succession (you must be quick on this). If you pull it off properly, you`ll block throws everytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X