Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading forums and stuff

Hi,

New it the forum and was hoping for some guidance. I was really wanting to get access to the trading forums as find it difficult to source ntsc retro in the UK with eBay being my only real source.

The issue is, when I go to the 'whyddya selling' forum it states 'no posts' In the forum where there obviously is.
    Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hope you can help, love the forum and would be even better if I could but some ntsc goodies too :-)

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Check out the rules thread, specifically this one:
    Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

"With immediate effect all new members from the past few days and from this point onwards will be going into a new usergroup with no access to the trading forums.

At a set number of posts and/or time you have been a member you will automatically be promoted to the regular membership with access to all the trading forums.

The reason we have been forced to do this is the rising number of people who are signing up to steal from our membership - and then signing up again and again with new usernames and email addresses - the trading forums are for the benefit of our members, not for the benefit of people who can only be classed as thieves.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

So get involved with a bit of chat first, it sounds like the retro threads are your bag, then you will be able to view the sales threads.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      The reason we have been forced to do this is the rising number of people who are signing up to steal from our membership - and then signing up again and again with new usernames and email addresses - the trading forums are for the benefit of our members, not for the benefit of people who can only be classed as thieves.
      Wack son

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
        Wack son
        Wack soff

Wack son

Wack soff

Comment

Is that really a thing here?

Comment

It was a thing before it was implemented years ago. It stopped immediately after that. We used to have to spend a lot of time comparing IP addresses and and sleuthing.

Comment

I've known of quite high profile scammers here and there but this place for the most part has always been secure with no issues whereas avforums is a nightmare

Comment

46 posts worth of bad traders: http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/2...ave-a-query%29

Comment

I'm in support of the restrictions on the trading forum. It should be for those who contribute to the community.

Comment

No it's a good thing just hardly happens enough for me to notice it I guess

46 posts and I'm sure some are multiple is a credit to the forum especially since it's been since 2004

Comment

What exactly is the set number of posts/time which a new member must achieve?

Comment

Anyone getting involved in discussion regularly for a couple of weeks will get access as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                          What exactly is the set number of posts/time which a new member must achieve?
                          I get the impression that the requirements being a bit murky is part of the exercise.

Comment

Definitely.

Comment

Myself, I find post count/join date more conducive to establishing whether a trader is legit than merely knowing they've been here for a mystery amount of time and have made a mystery amount of posts, so it seems weird that the former information isn't easier to see.

If a guy joins the forum and his first post is in trading and it's some too-good-to-be-true deal, then it's probably too good to be true and buyer beware, I don't see why we should be banning people from posting there though when people have a choice of who they transact with. Personally I'd give new members access to trading and maybe just whack "NEW MEMBER" under their username until they achieve that arbitrary target John set so that people know to be wary and can take appropriate action.

Comment

Working...
                              X