Nintendo WiiU: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    If the Switch gets Twilight Princess, that'll be the FOURTH time Nintendo have ported it to one of their systems. A Port of WW would be the third time.

Personally, I have no appetite for revisiting either Twilight Princess or WW (Twilight possibly the worst 3D Zelda game IMO), but I can see the appeal of having every single major game in the franchise in one place - Metroid and Mario are pretty much already there.

I've said it before, but I'd like Nintendo and Treasure to port Starfox Zero to Switch without the sh1tty motion controls. That doesn't look likely though.
    I'd argue second. It was dual released on Wii and Gamecube, even if it started development as a Cube game. Then it was remastered on Wii U with some quality of life improvements not fully a straight up port but not a remake either, but if even if we count that as porting then the Switch version would be the second porting of the game.

There is definitely an appetite for TP and WW on Switch, I'm very surprised Nintendo haven't ported them yet. Skyward Sword doesn't seem to have as many fans nor was it received as well as TP was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
      I'd argue second. It was dual released on Wii and Gamecube, even if it started development as a Cube game. Then it was remastered on Wii U with some quality of life improvements not fully a straight up port but not a remake either, but if even if we count that as porting then the Switch version would be the second porting of the game.
      Pedantry aside, It would still be the fourth version of essentially the same game released on a Nintendo platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Pedantry aside, It would still be the fourth version of essentially the same game released on a Nintendo platform.
        Yes, however the Wii U versions of these titles are arguably the overall best/definitive ways to play to these titles and many missed out due to not owning a Wii U it would be a shame for these remasters to die on the Wii U.

Comment

Yes, however the Wii U versions of these titles are arguably the overall best/definitive ways to play to these titles and many missed out due to not owning a Wii U it would be a shame for these remasters to die on the Wii U.
          The definitive version argument is up for debate (IIRC, Digital Foundry proved that WW emulated on Dolphin outdid WWHD graphically?), but many will see it that way and will want all the major Zelda titles on one platform so I do understand it.

Comment

There is definitely an appetite for TP and WW on Switch, I'm very surprised Nintendo haven't ported them yet. Skyward Sword doesn't seem to have as many fans nor was it received as well as TP was.
            Id imagine they could do a £30 price point like they did for Metroid or a compilation like the mario collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              Id imagine they could do a £30 price point like they did for Metroid or a compilation like the mario collection.
              They could, but this is Nintendo.

They'll know, like we know, that Zelda prints them far, far more money than Metroid ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Yeah, or a £60 pack containing both perhaps. Knowing Nintendo they would charge £59.99 for each as standalone releases though.

Comment

Comment

Haha!

Thanks for the reminder, just haven't bagged that Phoenix game that I'm missing. Got the 3DS on charge now.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Haha!

Thanks for the reminder, just haven't bagged that Phoenix game that I'm missing. Got the 3DS on charge now.

I'm glad that at least a small few got the reference...although I admitedly might've messed up by using a still from the inferior 1990 sequel instead of the 1982 classic!

I managed to get a hold of a 128GB Flash Drive and have downloaded Game & Wario, Dr. Luigi, the XCX data packs and some other small bits and pieces for my WiiU. Will get to downloading some 3DS bits and pieces later.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-03-2023, 13:08.

Comment

Comment

WiiU download codes can now no longer be redeemed. The week extension for them after the eShop's closure last Monday has now expired.

Comment

NCL have announced that they will end Japanese WiiU repair services when their current inventory of spare parts runs out.

Comment

MY WiiU seems to have died, it boots up fine starts loading a disk and then just freezes on the loading screen on every game, I've just offloaded the last of my wiiu games as a bundle so its not that much of a loss just stops me offloading the console. Normally id be a lot more nostalgic for a Nintendo console but it wasn't as iconic as the gamecube, and the Switch plundered pretty much ever decent first party game from it bar Wind Waker HD.

Comment

You know what I liked? How the discs had that kinda rounded edge so they felt comfy to hold. That was nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X