X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    What's your friend code?
    It's ben's so I'm not sure. I guess I should log in on there with my nintendo account.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      The one thing i will say it's a long adventure, we are talking 30+ hours of adventure but the dungeons are fun. The story and battle mechanics are enjoyable & the enviroments are stunning. Restoring the guardian trees gives me goosebumps every time, watching the enviroment do it's thing never gets old.
      Recently I haven’t had much patience for length but I have just spent a ridiculous amount of hours on Skyrim so I guess that it totally depends on the game. It’s such a pretty game and not a bad price at all on Switch so I’ll go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Recently I haven’t had much patience for length but I have just spent a ridiculous amount of hours on Skyrim so I guess that it totally depends on the game. It’s such a pretty game and not a bad price at all on Switch so I’ll go for it.
        One good point is it has a log of what you are supposed to be going for next so if you take a break it's not one of those games where you end up with no idea what you were doing last as you can go into the log and see what the next thing you should be aiming towards. Obviously you don't have to look at it but it's a useful thing to have to keep tabs on what point in the story you are in. Means if you are not wanting to do the while game in one go you can do it in chunks.

Comment

Wind Waker -> Okami -> all the other Zeldas

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            One good point is it has a log of what you are supposed to be going for next so if you take a break it's not one of those games where you end up with no idea what you were doing last as you can go into the log and see what the next thing you should be aiming towards. Obviously you don't have to look at it but it's a useful thing to have to keep tabs on what point in the story you are in. Means if you are not wanting to do the while game in one go you can do it in chunks.
            That’s great. I wish more games had this. It’s really useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
              Wind Waker -> Okami -> all the other Zeldas
              Hehe that's a tough one as i do love wind waker, definitely agree that it's over all the other zelda games in my preference i never tire of wind waker. It's a beautiful game, even now the gamecube version looks so nice. Pitting it against okami though, now that is tough. For me okami beats it but only by a tiny amount. It just pleases me that it has one more chance to shine, okami doesn't deserve to be forgotten. There are people now that will be new to it so they get to see it in it's best form in wonderful HD.

Comment

I've never been able to click with Okami and couldn't tell you why, the Zelda comparisons make sense very quickly as you start playing it and its visually lovely to this day but I always found it became a chore about ten hours in and was thoroughly beaten by most 3D Zelda's. It's genuinely impressive though how Capcom has given the game so many opportunities to sell across three generations

Comment

I'd like to see a Viewtiful Joe remaster. I booted it up over Dolphin the other night and it looked incredible. There are only a few UI elements which don't upscale well.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    I'd like to see a Viewtiful Joe remaster. I booted it up over Dolphin the other night and it looked incredible. There are only a few UI elements which don't upscale well.
                    Wow. Blast from the past. Now I need to locate a copy and setup emulation.

Comment

Finally got to the end of Okami, ironically i now have 3 copies of this game first on Wii then i bought the HD remaster on PS3 and now the switch version but i never fully made it to the end on the other 2 versions i just got too distracted. Man that last battle was fantastic as well as the ending been properly in there which was very satisfying to watch. Just when you think the game is big enough it then pulls new game + shenannigans on you so you can play through again with some fun new stuff unlocked along with been able to keep your progress of items found but you lose your brush techiques as that would break the story if you had them all from the start.

Some nice stuff unlocks in the extras menu too.

Now i can give undertale my full attention, it's charmed me over with the dialogue & very interesting battle system. Felt genuinely crap after defeating toriel so i looked up online if it was possible to not have to fight her & so i discovered you can with nearly all battles without killing anything so that's the way im doing it at the moment i restarted from the beginning and tried again without killing. It's taken on kind of a puzzle game mechanic thanks to that as i figure out how each enemy can be spared without killing but my battle witn undyne is kicking my ass i can run away twice but the 3rd catch up battle is beating me so far. This game is a genuine suprise to me it's made me giggle quite a few times just exploring and reading stuff. The spider bake sale made me lol
                      Last edited by importaku; 25-10-2018, 13:17.

Comment

I have heard good things about Undertale. It’s on my possible purchase list. I wish it looked prettier, which I realise is a bit shallow.

Comment

I have heard good things about Undertale. It’s on my possible purchase list. I wish it looked prettier, which I realise is a bit shallow.
                          I haven't played it, but I believe that look is part of what makes it work.

Comment

I just find I desperately want to redraw every screenshot I see! But yes, hearing good things.

I bought Okami and also Oxenfree, which I didn't know was on Switch but again heard some good things about. Browsing through the store yesterday, there really are a LOT of games now. A lot of what looks like terrible rubbish but also a bunch that look really inviting - stuff I'd buy in Steam sales now sitting there on Switch to play on the go.

Comment

I bought Okami and also Oxenfree, which I didn't know was on Switch but again heard some good things about. Browsing through the store yesterday, there really are a LOT of games now. A lot of what looks like terrible rubbish but also a bunch that look really inviting - stuff I'd buy in Steam sales now sitting there on Switch to play on the go.
                              I think Nintendo have ballsed it up a little, though, by not having a bit more quality control. Other stores have kinda proven that "the market chooses the best store" is simply not true.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the quality control issue if it was managed by the store presence. But the store is awful with no filters whatsoever. It's a terrible place to browse. If they made sure the quality games got featured like they deserve so that they could be discovered, that would be great and I'd be fine with the little cheap stuff being buried in there. But it is all given equal weight as it currently is which does the good games a huge disservice.

Comment

Working...
                                X