This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    @Dogg Thang, it is possible to use a Saturn pad on Switch, using a USB controller to Switch USB converter, and a Saturn pad to USB converter. Someone has tested it on GAF here:

I've been thinking about a similar thing so I can use my PS2 Neo Geo stick on Switch. I've already got a USB converter for it, and there's a Switch adapter that allows any USB pad to be used on Amazon for about £25. It's by a company called Brook who appear to have a decent rep (I'm sure at least one person on here has one of their converters and can comment).
    I love that someone's tried to do that.

Comment

Word on the street is that Switch ports of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Fortnite, amongst others, will be announced at E3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        Word on the street is that Switch ports of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Fortnite, amongst others, will be announced at E3.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...e_switch-bound
        Neither of them are too big a surprise; it'd be good to see both.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Neither of them are too big a surprise; it'd be good to see both.
          Would it really be that good to see a significantly downgraded version of DBFZ on inferior hardware though?

The whole point of DBFZ, imo, is that it looks like a super-HD version of the anime - that's literally the buy-in.

Comment

You've not seen it yet. It might look alright.

Comment

You've not seen it yet. It might look alright.
              Hmmm.

I'd suggest that just "alright" probably wasn't what Arc System Works were aiming for when they overhauled the Guilty Gear engine considerably to make DBFZ in the first place but yeah, I've obviously not seen the final version.

Nintendo Life did recently suggest that a Switch port of DBFZ would likely be akin to the PC port running on the lowest graphic settings possible and that didn't look great imo, but who knows - maybe suitable optimization can be done?

Guess we'll have to wait for Digital Foundry to weigh in with an analysis of sorts.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 01-06-2018, 11:29.

Comment

If anyone has gone on the US eShop and wondered what Pure/Electric Love "What Do You Want?" -Eri Kitami- is...here's a video. Didn't really feel like opening a thread for this alone, it makes Shinobi Refle look like a masterpiece. And yes, the game is fully in Japanese despite being available in the US.

Comment

Just the description on the eShop is enough for me. Google needs to offer to do their translations for them.

Comment

Like D. Thang, I briefly contemplated buying the Street Fighter collection before the controllers issue came to mind. Did consider using the GameCube USB adapter and my Hori pads, but then remembered that those have the GC button layout rather than a Super Famicom button layout, which would feel weird and unsatisfactory to play SFII with...
                    Last edited by Protocol Penguin; 02-06-2018, 16:54.

Comment

The GameCube to usb adaptor for wiiu works on switch?

Comment

The official one, yeah. [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]

Maybe you should consider the Hori RAP for Switch [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]. Overkill maybe, but glorious overkill!

Comment

The official one, yeah. @Brad

Maybe you should consider the Hori RAP for Switch @Dogg Thang. Overkill maybe, but glorious overkill!
                          Seconded. Great stick and buttons.

Comment

Just played an awsome little game, AquaKitty UDX. It's a Defender clone, really, but it has nice sprite art and was only £3.74, which became about £2 with my points.

Dead simple but extremely playable, and 2-player co-op too.

Comment

I keep seeing that and wondering. Thanks for the overview.

Comment

Didn't know where to put this but it really made me chuckle. The crazy things people do with the gameboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X