Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I don’t know about that. No idea. Was just comparing the Sony lockdown to the Minecraft situations.

Apparently Fortnite will have voice chat through the regular headphone jack on the Switch... if that’s the case, why isn’t that standard? Why all the faffing around with phone apps and wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Wait a sec, is Fortnite cross-play on Switch with PC?

I mean, on the one hand I normally love cross-play being a thing, but on a first-person-shooter, I worry that's going to be Dreamcast Quake III all over again.
      It won't be that bad if it has gyro controls. Besides, anyone wanting to play for fun/on the go won't mind so much. Professional streamers and anyone else playing remotely seriously are of course going to stick with a PC. I'd also argue that resolution and frame rates are also holding back any console entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Wait a sec, is Fortnite cross-play on Switch with PC?

I mean, on the one hand I normally love cross-play being a thing, but on a first-person-shooter, I worry that's going to be Dreamcast Quake III all over again.
        I've only played Fortnite Save the World on Xbox, but I'm 99% certain there's a matchmaking setting where you can opt-out of cross-platform matchmaking and I think this is for the platform, so applies for BR as well. So hopefully the Switch gets the same. Also I guess Fortnite is a slower based game than Q3, so it's not all about reaction times. That said yes, PC gamers are at a massive advantage, with Xbox XIM/Cronus players not far behind.

Comment

Right now it says "same console" in the matchmaking, so there is the possibility of cross-platform. I imagine isn't far off.

Comment

It would appear that the Switch port of DBFZ will run at 1080p/60fps.

I'm assuming that's just for when the Switch is docked but that's still fine optimization from Bandai-Namco & Arc System Works and makes a purchase more likely in my eyes.

Comment

So is fortnite cross-play compatible on every platform apart from PS4?

Comment

yup that it, much worse though is say you started on pc and logged in once to the ps4 to show someone the game, your now blocked from the switch and xbox on that account, their is no way to fix it bar starting a new account.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 13-06-2018, 12:27.

Comment

So did I already mention how I'm looking forward to Daemon X Machina?
                  Nice to get some roboty-fighting nonsense on a Nintendo console again.

Comment

I don't even know what it is though because 40 minutes of Smash Bros just naming characters pretty much wiped my memory of anything that happened before. Is it like a Virtual On thing? Looked like it.

Comment

I just got murdered on Fortnite, it was fun playing it on a portable though.

Comment

No surprise following that presentation but...

Yoshi for Switch (working title, obviously) was conspicuously absent during Nintendo's E3 Direct this year, and the com…

Yoshi Switch officially delayed till sometime 2019

Comment

Well it’s not like Nintendo’s software output has magically increased... it’s just this time they actually have 3rd Party support, and a load of Wuu Recycled Editions to pad things out with.

Comment

I caved and bought Skyrim yesterday.

Comment

So was the ridge racer 8 and new f-zero hogwash?

Comment

F Zero - I imagine so
                                Ridge Racer - Near certainly

Comment

Working...
                                X