This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    come to think of it is there anything new in their at all.
    In their what?

New Kirby
    New Mario Tennis

It's only a mini Direct, anyway. Probably hastily put together to appease everyone that was screaming out for one. I expect we'll see more new stuff soon.
    Last edited by dataDave; 11-01-2018, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Switch buyers remorse is strong in my household with announcements like this.
      I'm feeling this strong right now, with Mario completed there nothing to do on it, all its games are PC indie ports found cheaper and moddable where they started.

While i never owned a Wiiu and thus never played it games, i still don't want to paying £40-50 for 5 year old ports (aside from Mario Maker).

Comment

If you've not played Zelda and Mario Kart 8 they're both easily worth the asking price.

Comment

i have Zelda and sunk 40 to 50 hours in it, after uncovering all the map and doing 2 of the guardians i gave up because it was boring, nothing worth exploring once you know it's either a seed, brainless physics puzzle/fight in those tombs or a weapon you'll lose in a 1-4 fights against the same 6 monsters in different colours. Felt the entire game is a tech demo waiting to be put the gameplay into something better, the disappointment of getting into the 2nd machine to find it was just the same look and similar puzzles with a different map slide toggle killed it. I got my money's worth out of it and that first 30 odd hours was damn good.

Mariokart 8 looks no different 7 on the wii, and owning them all but dash and 8, i've had my fill of mariokart.

Comment

I'd fully expect the line up to remain this level until at least the end of this year. Nintendo's pipeline has been clogged for a very long time and as great overall as the 2017 run was for Switch it was buoyed massively by WiiU projects as the system was definitely prematurely launched. Nintendo does seem somewhat receptive to the fact software will be key in ensuring the system succeeds but new projects started late in the WiiU's lifetime would take at least 3 years to get to the quality standards Nintendo needs so I'd hope that though things might be somewhat meh until the likes of Pokémon and Metroid Prime 4 hit, once they do, things remain consistently stronger from that point

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Mariokart 8 looks no different 7 on the wii, and owning them all but dash and 8, i've had my fill of mariokart.
              You couldn't be more wrong about Mario Kart 8. It's the greatest arcade racer of all time. This is coming from someone who dislikes the franchise.

Splatoon 2 is simply fantastic, fresh, and more addictive than WoW. If you like to dominate others with your power in a game then this is for you. It's just fast, snappy, and slaps your ballbag with joy and colour.

Arms surpasses Virtual On Oratorio Tangram with the raw fighting you see at high-level Street Fighter. Forget the flashy combos, this is all about range, spacing, footsies, and ultimately reading your opponent. My GOTY outside of Mario and Zelda.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                You couldn't be more wrong about Mario Kart 8. It's the greatest arcade racer of all time.
                It really, really isn't.

Comment

The general consensus disagrees.

Comment

The general consensus disagrees.
                    General consensus? Everybody who has ever played every arcade racer ever??

Again, it simply isn't the greatest arcade racer ever. Not by a long shot.

Greatest MK ever is far more likely, and I'll concede that as somebody who isn't that into it.

Comment

Maybe not in your opinion.

Comment

Yeah, it probably isn't, but it is a bloody good game. Like a 10/10 solid gold A+++ game.

Trouble is I sank like, hundreds of hours in on WiiU, so I've not bothered with it on Switch. My fear is that we don't see Mario Kart 9 for donkey's years because this one is selling so well. It's like how we never get GTA VI or the next TES all my favourite games just sell too f'ing well on rerelease to bother with sequels.

Comment

Maybe not in your opinion.

What are we dealing with here? General consensus (your words) or personal opinion?? By your logic, that would make your statement little more than your opinion also.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Yeah, it probably isn't, but it is a bloody good game. Like a 10/10 solid gold A+++ game.

Trouble is I sank like, hundreds of hours in on WiiU, so I've not bothered with it on Switch. My fear is that we don't see Mario Kart 9 for donkey's years because this one is selling so well. It's like how we never get GTA VI or the next TES all my favourite games just sell too f'ing well on rerelease to bother with sequels.
                            Why bother looking forward to a new game, even? I'm in no rush for F-Zero because of how fantastic GX remains to this day. I honestly couldn't care less about another F-Zero until we move over to perfect VR. I'm still tonking GX and Maximum Velocity when/where I can.
                            [MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION] - Give MK8 a chance. You won't lose much at the end of the day if you don't like it as you'll easily be able to sell it on. You know me, you know my taste in games - I'm stating that this is higher up the ranks than the likes of F-Zero GX, RR5 and Daytona USA. I'm not taking the piss. It's awesome, and remains awesome for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. One of my best mates just got a Switch at Christmas so that has reinvigorated me playing it again with my limited time despite being 1/3 through Xenoblade 2.

Comment

It is one of the best, yes. We need a race on Switch sometime.

For me, nothing has bettered Outrun 2 though.

If you didn't own a Wii U this is a great system as all first party games will likely be ported and improved. Personally, I have over 20 Wii U games so it is a little annoying to see these better versions and have to make a decision of whether to play the "best" version of something or stick with what I already have. MK8 on Switch is an improvement and I am glad I double dipped, though. I still have Mario Tennis and Hyrule Warriors sealed so may just get the Switch versions and sell them.
                              Last edited by cutmymilk; 12-01-2018, 11:52.

Comment

Why bother looking forward to a new game, even? I'm in no rush for F-Zero because of how fantastic GX remains to this day. I honestly couldn't care less about another F-Zero until we move over to perfect VR. I'm still tonking GX and Maximum Velocity when/where I can.
                                Why am I not allowed to want a new Mario Kart?

While MK8 remains a great game, I've rinsed it. All the three stars and the 10,000 online points and all that stuff. You're casting me as some sort of gaming ingrate because I'm not happy to keep playing the same game continually until I die!

TBH if I will probably keep playing MK8 to some extent. I've still got my WiiU and my disc. I don't really see the need to fork out another £50 for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X