Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shouldn't but my heart already sinks. Hopefully it's an intriguing new title to broaden the systems appeal. Getting back on the peripheral train would be a big mistake for Nintendo

Comment

I assume it's just going to be a new kid-focused title. An Ubi staffer claimed this is going to be some kind of megaton but I just don't see it.

Comment

Nintendo Switch Mini for $199
        Now, that would propel NS.

Comment

I would take a pro model of the Switch; Zelda: BotW locked at 30fps would do very nicely.

Comment

It needs games, not more hardware. I didn’t even bother with Mario as I knew I wouldn’t see it all the way through, I think the fact is for me that I’m more likely to be interested in games on my PS4. My Switch was stuck in a cupboard about a month after I got it and was never used again.

Comment

This is obviously not going to be a new version of the system. Curious because I have kids but they have been very clear on who this is intended for and it's not us as gamers. I might be reading too much into the words "interactive experience" but I'm not even expecting this to be much of a game and I reckon it will probably use the joycons in a more gimmicky (1-2-Switchish) way. And it might involve Amiibo cards or some other thing. Total speculation of course.

Comment

MiiVerse 2

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  My Switch was stuck in a cupboard about a month after I got it and was never used again.
                  Got rid?

Comment

No, it’s still in there. I just can’t see it getting used any time soon so there was no point having it out. After I’d had my fill of Mario Kart I was bored of it.

Comment

I reckon that Nintendo will release a cheaper mk.2 model of the console to coincide with the release of Pokémon...

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                        I would take a pro model of the Switch; Zelda: BotW locked at 30fps would do very nicely.
                        60, right? It's pretty much locked at 30 as it is for 99.999% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          60, right? It's pretty much locked at 30 as it is for 99.999% of the time.
                          I would have to disagree with you on that one; I find that it can chug quite a bit, from time to time.

Comment

It chugs a lot in handheld definitely although, for me, nothing offensive. On TV, I have a memory of it chugging quite a bit in the early parts of the game and yet it seemed to ease off and I'm not sure if it is just different areas perform better or there was ever a performance patch. No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                              I would have to disagree with you on that one; I find that it can chug quite a bit, from time to time.
                              Correct. Whether you play it on Switch or WiiU, BotW has a sh1t-fit anytime more than a few characters are on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                On TV, I have a memory of it chugging quite a bit in the early parts of the game and yet it seemed to ease off and I'm not sure if it is just different areas perform better or there was ever a performance patch. No idea.
                                The 1.11 patch for the Switch ironed out most of the early issues. The WiiU version still struggles.

Regardless, I'd expect quite a bit more than a locked 30fps if we're upgrading hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X