No announcement yet.

PSVR Owners Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best PSVR Christmas day opening guys. Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Comment

We have a bunch of family round for chrimbo dinner tomorrow, I’m going to make them all try it!

Comment

Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Is it really that good?!

Comment

I gave you a free PSVR game, I assumed you already had it!

And yes, it is. I’ve never played so much current gaming in over a decade. (Probably more!)

Comment

If you can, try it out first. I am so happy with mine. Worth every penny. My bro came around last night and he isn't a big gamer. He left mine to buy on the strength of the shark demo and watching his kids playing the heist.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              We have a bunch of family round for chrimbo dinner tomorrow, I’m going to make them all try it!
              Keep talking and nobody explodes is 50% off at the mo and is a great VR party game, it does need 2 pads unless you print the bomb defusing manual from http://www.bombmanual.com or view it on laptop/tablet.

Basically person wearing VR helmet has a bomb in front of them and people watching have the manual to defuse it, so VR person has to describe what it looks like how many wires, etc and you have to instruct them how to difuse it.

Really gets people talking and is a right laugh after a few bevvies.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I gave you a free PSVR game, I assumed you already had it!

And yes, it is. I’ve never played so much current gaming in over a decade. (Probably more!)
                I've still got it. I didn't realise it was VR only. I just thought it was a generic shooty them up.

Comment

Erm, I just got PSVR'ed.

Never saw it coming, the GF just hit me with it for Xmas... REZ & the Jeff Minter thingy look good!
                  The colouring in thingy is £6 or so? I'm baffled tbh.

Comment

Just a friendly public safety message DO NOT PLAY SUBNAUTICA USING THE PSVR HEADSET

Thought it would be fun & super immersive to try subnautica. I set the vr screen size to max, the effect is fantastic i felt like i was there happily swimming away till went around a corner and was grabbed by a leviathan. Im now sat here actually shaking as my entire bodys adrenaline stock is coursing through my bloodstream im never doing that again. Damn game should come with a health warning LOL, i dread to think how terrifying it would be in actual proper vr.

Comment

I think in a few years there will be people coming forward with PTSD from playing pant ****ting games on VR.

Comment

A friend of ours was over last night and sampled the delights of PSVR for the first time. He marvelled at Area X in Rez ... then jumped out of his skin playing Rush of Blood

Comment

Finally got round to using it today. I did Ocean Decent, London Heist and Crow the Legend. Nice easy ones to ease me in.
                          I've did it in 25 minute bursts with 10 minute breaks to get my legs but I still feel a bit disconnected with reality. I think I'm starting to get a bit more used to it at least. I did a very quick test of Wipeout and I didn't feel quite as dizzy. Having a fan in the room helps.
                          London Heist is properly incredible, so much fun.

Comment

You can change the control system in doom to make it work. It turns it into one of the best experiences on the system

Comment

Serious discussion for a second...
                              I wanted to share my thoughts about the future of VR.
                              Sony have conundrum on their hands as I see it with regards to implementing psvr on the PS5.
                              If we go back to the time of E3 2013, Microsoft had unvailed the xbox one and they insisted it needed the kinect camera to work. This was met with fear and anxiety coming off the back of Snowden and Microsoft had to spend some time and money removing the Camera requirements and gaining consumer support again. I don't believe Microsoft would be willing to then back track again and have the next xbox have VR out the box, along with a camera they insisted we didn't need first time round. Plus Microsoft seem to be aiming at the online multiplayer market as their USP and they are flirting with the idea of a streaming type device. (It's not impossible that the next xbox could be compatible with existing VR headsets of course.)
                              Sony then have a conundrum:
                              Do they double down on VR with the PS5, by packaging the headset and camera in the box at a considerable cost, thus losing the price war with the next Xbox? And/or state that the PS5 is geared towards VR but tell consumers to spend another X pounds on a VR headset?
                              Or
                              Lose VR on the PS5 to compete with price in turn also losing a considerable unique selling point Sony have over Microsoft?

Comment

Simple. Add on with higher spec where all of your currently owned games work with higher res/framerate. Upgraders won't begrudge and newcomers will welcome the non fuzzy VR they have been waiting for!

Comment

Working...
                                X