Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    My PS4 really has reached jet fighter levels of loudness when playing games now, are the Pro’s any better? To be fair I’ve had my system since the beginning of the generation. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt now I have a 4K tv, is the data transfer easy?
    Just get a can of compressed air and blow the unit out. PS4’s leave the fans on when I. Standby mode and carry on drawing dust in constantly, hence the fans turning into turbines as there constantly having to cool the dust covered motherboard and cpu.

Comment

My PS4 really has reached jet fighter levels of loudness when playing games now, are the Pro’s any better?
      My Pro can get as loud as my launch model ... but the positives still make it worth having.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Just get a can of compressed air and blow the unit out. PS4’s leave the fans on when I. Standby mode and carry on drawing dust in constantly, hence the fans turning into turbines as there constantly having to cool the dust covered motherboard and cpu.
        Regularly do that already unfortunately.

Comment

My PS4 really has reached jet fighter levels of loudness when playing games now, are the Pro’s any better? To be fair I’ve had my system since the beginning of the generation. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt now I have a 4K tv, is the data transfer easy?
          The Pro is far worse.

Comment

Regularly do that already unfortunately.
            That’s a shame, you could try a full tare down and clean which got another year out of my launch PS4 before it actually went poof one night in a puff of smoke.

On another note.

My Pro when I got it was reaching absurd levels of fan noise, for a good 2 weeks it’s was so loud i had to use headphones to hear the tv speakers (this was in winter so it was deff NOT reaching anywhere near max temps), then all of a sudden it went whisper quiet and has remained so since, even in the hottest days this year, it’s cool as a cucumber. I actually raised a return ticket with Sony before it suddenly settled down.

I really don’t understand what’s going on inside the Pros to cause all this but SOMETHING isn’t quite right for the fans to be so different between units, it’s almost like the heat sinks need a bedding in period.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              The Pro is far worse.
              Sorry to say that my Pro is crazy loud when playing Pro enhanced games: Horizon & God of War are almost unbearable.

Comment

I gave my ps4 a good clean... If anything it's louder now.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  http://gearnuke.com/yoshida-calls-ps...sful-mp-games/

Yoshida Calls PS3 Price Reveal ‘Horrifying Moment,’ Wishes They Had Successful MP Games

Shuhei Yoshida is the president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios. He was recently at Develop: Brighton where he talked about his work at PlayStation and shared views on the current gaming generation.
                  • Yoshida praised the work of Ken Kutaragi: “He’s always at least five years ahead of time… we would wish he was a little closer to our time!”
                  • He considers himself lucky for having his first two producer credit on Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo.
                  • He says that The Matrix DVD was the biggest launch title on PS2.
                  • Yoshida talks about The Last Guardian saying it used to run at just 10-15 fps on PS3.
                  • He calls the PS3 reveal and launch price a “horrifying moment.”
                  • He is happy with the success of SP games citing God of War and Horizon as brilliant but says that he wishes they had more success on the multiplayer side.
                  • He was proud to see ThatGameCompany make Journey for the PS3 and seeing it sweep all the industry awards.
                  • He considers remasters/remakes as great but says that they don’t speak much for how games have progressed.
                  • “I’d really like to see interactivity become more and more complex… I’m interested in the advancement of AI, to make characters more complex, to improve interactions with players.”

It will be interesting to see what kind of projects are released in the future under the direction of Shuhei Yoshida as the head of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios.
                  Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  The AI part is the most interesting if they pursue that, it's moved so little over the last few gens
                  Cheers for posting QualityChimp. And ye Supermanfalls A.I getting better is long overdue. I was hoping A.I would have stepped up this gen, seems to have not improved so much though, possibly due to everything being online a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    The AI part is the most interesting if they pursue that, it's moved so little over the last few gens
                    Originally posted by JU! View Post
                    Cheers for posting QualityChimp. And ye Supermanfalls A.I getting better is long overdue. I was hoping A.I would have stepped up this gen, seems to have not improved so much though, possibly due to everything being online a lot.
                    The problem isn't so much AI, but rather communicating AI to the player. An enemy in an FPS can have the smartest AI going, but you may as well be rolling dice to make their decisions if it doesn't have animations/speech etc. that explains its decision-making process.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Sorry to say that my Pro is crazy loud when playing Pro enhanced games: Horizon & God of War are almost unbearable.
                      The noise is so loud when playing the likes of the Last Guardian, I think the PS 4 Pro is going break. Users shouldn't have to need to clean their PS4 fans, I never needed too, with the launch XBox One my One S or XBox X and that is on constantly. Like with the OG 360, PS3 super slim is Hardware that is poorly made and feels cheap

Comment

To me the PS4 Pro feels no better or worse than the quality of the launch PS4. I don't think it's a poor quality design, but clearly pales in comparison to the Xbox One S/X. Which benefited from the work of the Surface team.

My PS4 Pro is comparable to my OG Launch PS4 noise wise when playing enhanced games, although when playing non-enhanced games (no boost mode) the unit is much quieter. That I love.

Comment

My ps4 is ridiculously loud too. Its a very early model which replaced my launch console after a couple of months. Its so loud that when you turn it off your ears are ringing slightly. I want to buy another one, a pro, but I refuse to do so til this is sorted out. Maybe we'll get a pro slim at some point? I can't understand how a hardware company like Sony can build such a pos console. It's a design disaster from a noise viewpoint.

Comment

Guys, these things are mass produced . Lots of conflicting stories are out there (and a fair bit of b/s too); Some don’t have magics parts that make them really quiet and cool, whilst others are as noisy as leaf blowers. Ventilation, room temp, dusty environments length of time running, game complexity/resolution all seem to have a big factor on how hot the unit gets and how fast the fan spins as it trys to cool itself. During the really hot weather, mine got very loud and hot but never crashed or froze once, even after 3-4 hour sessions. Thus the fans where obviously doing their job. I would be worried if your you unit isn’t loud when operating in one, two or all of the conditions above. I think tolerance to fan noise will vary, person to person and is also a big factor. The same debacle happened with the the last of pansonic plasmas (VT/ZT) which had fans in the unit.

Although my base ps4 was loud too, I am talking about the pro here - they ALL seem to be built like this unfortunately , so sit further away, turn the sound up, or get an x (which I hear are quieter)

Comment

Playing my 360 recently has shown how comparatively quiet my Pro is and I have boost settings turned on.

Comment

Yeah, I sit literally beside my PS4 Pro due to it being on an L-Bend desk and bar heavy loading occasions it's not noisy, certainly not to a distraction level once I'm playing something.

Comment

Working...
                                X