No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is. Similar to the Sony initiative to give out Uncharted and Journey. I had already bought and played a couple of years ago but I've added on Steam and Xbox which is cool.

In a similar vein but recently I have been playing Pac-Man 256 on PS4 recently. Not free as it costs £3.99 on Steam/XBL/PSN (I purchased for £1.69 in a sale). It is also a mobile port, albeit solid, of an infinite runner. But really good fun. The only progression per-say is to unlock power ups which takes time and it's a game you want to play in chunks. Still would definitely recommend.

Comment

Darius Cosmic Collections (Arcade and Console) is out today on PS4, priced £34.99 and £47.99 respectively. I mean, what the hell is going on with the pricing there? Throw them all into one pack for £30!

No thanks. *Waits forever for the price drop (Still waiting for DariusBurst CS to drop in price ).

Comment

I had my eye on the Arcade pack but that’s a wee bit rich for a download.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] I know you're an EDF nut, Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair is £3.19 on the PS store. Worth a punt?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            @QualityChimp I know you're an EDF nut, Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair is £3.19 on the PS store. Worth a punt?
            So 4.1 is the jazzed-up version of 2025. EDF 5 and Iron Rain have come out since.

EDF5 still has a decent amount of players when I dip in, but not heaving.
            I'm not sure if this older version will have many players, but it might see a little upsurge with the cheaper price.
            Other players do solo-only, so if that's the case, I'd go for it, especially for £3.19!

If you can get a full team of good 'uns, there's nothing else like EDF!

Comment

Thanks. I was thinking playing with a mate. Just looks like mindless fun.

Comment

Perfect, then.
                I just love how it builds momentum. You start with a small selection of weapons, and you shoot a few ants, but before long, you've got more weapons to choose from, the difficulty is nudging higher and you find yourself talking tactics:
                I could bring a grenade launcher for crowd control, but it won't hit the UFO dropping them - maybe bring a sniper rifle too or one player flies up as the wing diver and takes it out. Should we locate the nests first? Take out the big robots? Amazing.

There's a harsh level with loads of dropships and a gazillion enemies, but the highest ship was too high to fly to, but realised I could hop from one ship to another then take them out in height order, hoping the ground troops could handle the swarms.

Comment

Have graphics ever gotten better with console generation leaps?

Comment

Not really!

In 4.1 there are little things like grass blowing in the breeze, but it's really not about the shiny.

When you've got a face full of wasps stinging you and ants chomping you, graphics are the last thing on my mind!

You're making me have 4.1 flashbacks!

Comment

Some day the developers may upgrade the EDF engine. I can see how it doesn't stop the co-op fun though. Just one shadow would be nice on PS5 please lol

Gonna get it.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, 5 doesn't look terrible, it's just more about the spectacle than the beauty.

Comment

I know what you mean. That actually looks a lot better!

Comment

EDF5 looks better than EDF6

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              EDF5 looks better than EDF6
                              That's fair from the first few pics!

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                              I know what you mean. That actually looks a lot better!
                              There are a few nice effects, but you're usually too busy to notice!

(EDF5)

Comment

Me and my 7 year old son played 4.1 this afternoon in couch co-op. We loved it!

5 looks really nice actually. Hope it goes on sale soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X