No announcement yet.

E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want VR for AAAAAALLLLLL the game, not just a few missions!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      -- 06 Days to Go --

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
      Formats:
      Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC
      After the attempt last gen to CoD the series, Namco is returning to the skies with a true sequel to the long running flight combat series. The PS4 version will include exclusive VR missions but the game has remained largely under wraps in the near three years since its announcement. Hoping to see more?
      Ok, you have my attention

Comment

Reckon I'll definitely be in for this. You never get games like this any more.

Comment

-- 05 Days to Go --

Forza Horizon 4
          Formats
          : Xbox One and PC
          Word is that this years Horizon entry will be breaking free of the open fields approach of the last two games and taking us to a denser cityscape location for the fourth entry. I can imagine the answer for many, but still keen on the new Horizon?

Comment

Horizon 4's an easy slam dunk for me, possibly the only franchise MS has left that still holds that status. I'm hoping the locale change rumours are true, if I had one issue with Horizon 3 it would be how similar the location was to the second game and the DLC showed the series can confidently break out into new territory

Comment

I liked the first Horizon, despite removing the rally mode for DLC, but I also thought the sequels sounded too samey.

I was really tempted by the Hot Wheels DLC for the third game, but not the game itself!

It's not really related, but that shot of the car on the brow of a hill in Japan is quite a tantalising idea and made me think of this video:
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 05-06-2018, 14:56.

Comment

-- 04 Days to Go --

Hitman 2
                Formats:
                Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC
                Already leaked out by its own publisher, IO is moving forward with a sequel to its previous refresh of the assassin series that was itself episodic but well received by all except arguably the sales figure demanding SquareEnix. Agent 47 will soon be capping his targets, will you line up for the shot?

Comment

Yeah, but not if it's released in chapters again.

I ended up paying more and getting less buying each chapter individually (you didn't get the bonus mission without paying for it even if you bought all the chapters unless you stumped up for the season pass).

I'm surprised they're releasing a new game tbh. The whole idea of the design around Hitman 1 was that they could add new seasons to it. I've not seen a reason stated why they couldn't do this with the Hitman 2 content, it's not like the engine is dated.

Edit - seems it's not clear yet whether this is a new season for the existing game or a new standalone title.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 06-06-2018, 10:15.

Comment

I like Blood Money, but played it with a guide because I didn't like the idea of doing a mission "wrong".
                    I probably should have completed a mission my way, then followed the Mousetrap guide afterwards.

Comment

-- 03 Days to Go --

Tetris Effect
                      Formats:
                      Playstation 4
                      The first of Sony's E3 reveals, this latest interpretation of the long running puzzle game is masterminded by Tetsuya Mizuguchi who previously released Luminies, Child of Eden, Space Channel 5 and Rez. The new PS4 game will feature PSVR and full 4K support and the idea is that your performance in the game effects the images and worlds around your puzzle board. Keen?

Comment

Absolutely! Did not think I would ever look forward to a new Tetris game but this could be special, especially if I buy a VR headset in the coming sale.

Comment

Oh lovely!
                          On paper, that's a great sounding combination!

Comment

Yeah, I'm in for this.

Comment

Not the greatest trailer; it makes it look unplayable with all the background/foreground visuals going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q - perhaps it needs the depth perception VR provides.

Plus it hasn't got a battle royale mode

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Not the greatest trailer; it makes it look unplayable with all the background/foreground visuals going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q - perhaps it needs the depth perception VR provides.

Plus it hasn't got a battle royale mode
                                I think in VR the depth of field will help with defining items. I hope they release this at a reasonable price £10-£15 ish

Comment

Working...
                                X