E3 2018 General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Yeah, but not if it's released in chapters again.

I ended up paying more and getting less buying each chapter individually (you didn't get the bonus mission without paying for it even if you bought all the chapters unless you stumped up for the season pass).

I'm surprised they're releasing a new game tbh. The whole idea of the design around Hitman 1 was that they could add new seasons to it. I've not seen a reason stated why they couldn't do this with the Hitman 2 content, it's not like the engine is dated.

Edit - seems it's not clear yet whether this is a new season for the existing game or a new standalone title.
    It's a new game selling on Steam for up to £70 for the "Gold" edition, rather than a season pass. Still, not releasing in chapters at least, but I'll not be buying into the pre-order nonsense.

Comment

Anything the Miz touches I’m on it. Still want another Sega Rally from him but seems he loves the music stuff too much. Really looking fwd to Lumines Remaster soon 4K should make this and Tetris Effect look amazing. Like PuyoPuyo Tetris I’m sure the Wife will clock up another 200-500 plus hours on Tetris Effect.

I really enjoyed Hitman I bought all the missions together. Hope they can make even more maps for Hitman 2 not sure if I would want it as a full games or drip fed like the first.

Comment

This is the final daily countdown update for this thread and I'll wrap that up and return it to a general discussion thread later this afternoon as the big event is finally upon us:

-- 02 Days to Go --

Halo 6: Infinity
        Formats:
        Xbox One and PC
        There's been speculation about the next step for the flagship MS franchise for a while now. Everything ranging from a side game, a PC port for MCC, a Destiny style entry or a straight sequel to close the current trilogy. In any case eyes are keenly on 343's next move given the road bumps they've faced with fans. What form would you like to see the Halo franchise take next?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          What form would you like to see the Halo franchise take next?
          Give the franchise a rest for a few years, and think about rebooting with an entirely new studio later on. In the meantime let 343i create something new.

Comment

Ah... I agree in part but seriously let them close the current trilogy first.

Look I liked Halo 5, especially the multiplayer but to me they had something cool with the new multiplayer modes and didn't expand on it enough. Fast forward to now and it's all battle royale and open world FPS. I'd actually like a tight, cohesive single player focused campaign... All Master Chief and all tieing up the current storyline.

The master chief collection getting spruced up, chucked into game pass and possibly windows anywhere is a given to me. With its age, issues and bad taste they need to give it away as an apology and move on. To be honest I'm keen to revisit it if it's 4K.

Comment

Halo 5 Master Chief sections were awesome. They just need to focus on that.Looking forward to the game and how much it will push the XBox One X

Comment

I'd like MCC to hit PC and it'd make sense, though the rumours of it swirling without much mention of Halo 5 also being ported would make the concept make less sense. They need to get Reach in there too.

Comment

Fighting Layer EX launches 28 June

Comment

Halo Battle Roy(awn)ale.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

Fighting Layer EX launches 28 June
                      This should be in the mid-tier thread surely?!

Comment

Well the EA presentation is rather poor so far.

Comment

New Star Wars game being made by Respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                            Well the EA presentation is rather poor so far.
                            You are being very polite.

Comment

I enjoyed the planted question about the ability to spend more money in-game in Anthem, but I was disappointed there wasn't a kneel in Madden 19 option or FIFA Ultimate Team Battle Royale.

I give the EA 2018 Conference 3 fake applause out of 10.

Comment

Yea, that was bad. Anthem was the only thing of interest and even then the way they displayed it was dragged out.

Apart from confirming the release date (everything is Feb, uh oh) the lack of lootboxes sounds great. Although as ever need to know the full details on the monetisation.

Comment

Working...
                                X