This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
    Spidy has me smiling, and happily learning the game mechanics.
    I'm having a similar experience. It just strikes a really nice balance.

Comment

I received Valkyria Chronicles 4 through the post earlier in the week so I made a start on it. If you enjoyed the original VC you'll like this as it seems to be quite influenced by that entry in terms of looks, mechanics and environments (I'd heard one reviewer suggest or could be treated as an expansion and although that's a little crude it may also not be entirely wrong). The original VC was a great game though so more of that with some additional tweaks to the gameplay and the new grenadier class makes it another decent entry in the series.

I've also been working through Bayonetta 2 on the Switch, going between handheld and docked modes. Its more Bayonetta so expect high-end action, ridiculous battles and gruesome-looking execution finishes on the larger boss enemies. Its still great and come the end of this one I'll be eager to learn when Bayonetta 3 will see the light of day.

Otherwise its just been more SFV: AE on and off over the week to slowly build FM (I'm not going to unlock Sagat anytime soon at this rate though). I also got give Soul Calibur 6, Persona 3: Dancing Moonlight and Man of Medan a whirl at EGX. They were fine. Jump Force looks very shiny and let's players imagine they're reenacting the end fight in Man of Steel but with Shounen Jump characters ; )

Comment

Still making my way through FFVII, just got to the bit where

that bastard Sephiroth kills Aeris

Loving it on the VITA it's the perfect platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
          Still making my way through FFVII, just got to the bit where

that bastard Sephiroth kills Aeris

Loving it on the VITA it's the perfect platform.

It's not really Sephiroth. Sephiroth genuinely died at Nibelheim.

The perfect platform would be one where you can run the fan translation that doesn't make a dog's leg of the story like the official one does.

It's actually very Lovecraftian I'm nature. Big alien parasitic master manipulator lays dormant until being poked at by science. The psychoactive qualities are then awoken and it goes in a rampage, affecting the memories and emotions (and sometimes even actions) of the antagonist (further embellished by the actual cells infused with his body), and in the case of the Nibelheim incident creates a very convincing antagonist. There are also hints of extreme genetic mutations throughout, a little like the movie 'Annihilation' which practically ripped a Lovecraft short story.

Don't read before you start disc 3.
          Last edited by dataDave; 28-09-2018, 08:52.

Comment

This weekend will be Assassin's Creed: Origins but also The Crew 2 given it's a free weekend on Uplay

Comment

Oh man, some more EDF 2025.
              I stopped playing Monster Hunter: World because I knew it was dragging me under, now I'm back on this!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Oh man, some more EDF 2025.
                I stopped playing Monster Hunter: World because I knew it was dragging me under, now I'm back on this!
                I'd have a gam on that with you! 4.1 PS4?
                Last edited by vanpeebles; 28-09-2018, 18:15.

Comment

The people in shops in Skyrim must be so bored with me turning up to sell dragon bones. What do they even do with all those dragon bones? I spend 90% of this game travelling to shops to sell dragon bones.

Comment

Hahaha there’s so much nonsense like that in Skyrim. All part of the charm. Like how people don’t trust you or know who you are by the end when you’re the bloody dragon whisperer that saved the whole world on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Hahaha there’s so much nonsense like that in Skyrim. All part of the charm. Like how people don’t trust you or know who you are by the end when you’re the bloody dragon whisperer that saved the whole world on his own.
                      Or him who spent all his time loitering behind the edge of shelving units to thieve anything and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        I'd have a gam on that with you! 4.1 PS4?
                        I'm playing 2025 on the One as it's just gone backwards compatible and I have loads more unlocked on that than 4.1 on the PS4.

Comment

hmph!

Comment

The Last Guardian.

Comment

Been dipping in an out of The Evil Within 2, an hour here and there, crazy game, it's really really good!!

I don't think a game has nailed that feeling of walking alone at night in a risky area like this one has. It evokes certain, very similar feelings, at points. Jesus, when I went to that shed to get the sniper rifle part and there was that glowing green **** there!!!

Top tension matey, love it.

Comment

Chapter 3, btw. It lets you explore a lot. Whole game reminds me of Silent Hill 2 sans teh fog. Good thing. Good game. Fiver sealed. Tooooo goooood.

Comment

Working...
                                X