Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started Life Is Strange 2 Ep 1 last night and I'm smitten All the subtlety and magic that made the first game so special is present and correct, while the production values feel on another level. It still looks and feels like LiS but the visuals are in a different league, especially the outdoor scenes, wow. Musical cues are just as sweet too (s/t in the first game was class).

With this being a new story I had a feeling I'd miss Max, and it wouldn't feel like LiS ... but as soon as the game started I completely forgot about Arcadia Bay.

First thing I did when in control of new character Sean was to go through his backpack reading his journals and texts and stuff. The game doesn't ask you to do this but it makes you want to.
    Last edited by Atticus; 29-09-2018, 07:51.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Hahaha there’s so much nonsense like that in Skyrim. All part of the charm. Like how people don’t trust you or know who you are by the end when you’re the bloody dragon whisperer that saved the whole world on his own.
      Yep. They haven’t heard of all the cool stuff I do and yet they all hear about me and my honeyed words.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        I started Life Is Strange 2 Ep 1 last night and I'm smitten All the subtlety and magic that made the first game so special is present and correct, while the production values feel on another level. It still looks and feels like LiS but the visuals are in a different league, especially the outdoor scenes, wow. Musical cues are just as sweet too (s/t in the first game was class).

With this being a new story I had a feeling I'd miss Max, and it wouldn't feel like LiS ... but as soon as the game started I completely forgot about Arcadia Bay.

First thing I did when in control of new character Sean was to go through his backpack reading his journals and texts and stuff. The game doesn't ask you to do this but it makes you want to.
        The jump over to Unreal 4 really does make all the difference.
        Loved the episode. I went to start a first play the other day, typed it all out on my mobile and it deleted, so I never rewrote it.

In keeping with the thread I’ve also been playing Forza Horizon 4, being a huge fan of FH3 I’m like a kid in a sweet shop, really is top notch stuff.

Comment

More SFV: AE as I think I'm the guy on the forum that's still playing it. I've also continued on with VC4. I'm not sure if some of the anime elements gel with the WWII setting but thankfully those characters/scenes don't dominate the game. The gameplay and the art style are where the game shines though and that's what matters after all.

I've also given Soul Calibur 6's network test a go. Its Soul Calibur with the ability to do supers when you have a stock available. The game actually seems to allow you to use the 8-way run and guard impact without having lightning-fast reactions which is refreshing to see.

I'd have liked to give Seung-Mina, Raphael and Cervantes a whirl but they'll have to wait until the game proper. As it stands though there are 16 characters to use here, allowing for some fun, tense and entertaining fights.

Comment

Super Mario RPG (SNES), Skyforce Reloaded (Switch), XCOM 2 Collection (Xbox One x)

Comment

Just Dragon Quest XI, it's all I've played all month. Think I'm going to go for 100% assuming the end game isn't horrible.

Comment

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Had a proper session with the wife yesterday, played through six GP cups. The tracks are wicked, and it was great fun playing the various older tracks to see the progress made. She finished first on quite a few tracks, as well. We'd been playing the SNES version since we got our SFC Mini but we got fed up with the annoying CPU characters; this is worlds apart in comparison. I know people complain about rubber-banding, etc, but I prefer even matches to wiping the floor with the other player(or vice-versa). Admittedly, this evening up involves some frankly absurd power-ups but it never feels frustrating.

Comment

Was playing ARMS over the weekend along with Pokemon Sun and Forza Horizon 2. Also been playing Okami on Switch and Mon Hun World on PS4.

My goal for October is to finally finish off Okami, Lost Planet and Pokemon Sun before starting any new games from my backlog. Next games will probably be Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, Dark Souls and Starfox Zero
                  Last edited by Ghost; 01-10-2018, 05:46.

Comment

My son has started drum lessons, so I dug out the Guitar Hero kit for him to practice on, then he wanted me to play actual Guitar Hero on them.

There's still something odd with my 360's wireless as only a couple of the pads worked, sadly, but I got my wired guitar controller and played through a few faves on Guitar Hero III and Warriors of Rock.

His mind melted watching all the notes on Reigning Blood and Hangar 18!

Comment

Played Gone Home again at the weekend, this time on Switch. It's exactly the same on Switch except for one little neat addition I won't spoil. Love this so much every time I play through it. There is so little to it and yet it works precisely because of that. It does just what it needs to in order to tell a good story without putting barriers up.

Comment

Assassin's Creed: Origins - I'm getting more into it now but other than it having more side missions to tempt you to spend more time wandering the open environment I'm struggling to spot where the hype came from over the criticised entries. So far it's pretty literally more of the same which is fine as I stuck with the series throughout but broadly speaking there's nothing to shout about here.

Bayonetta - My morning game via Switch, I'm enjoying the revisit but I have to skip some overly lingering cutscenes given I'm in work

Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle -
                        Just going to chip through this, nice retro pick and play even though I've always had limited interest as the genre is typically shallow as a puddle. Halfway through Final Fight atm.

Forza Horizon 4 is the main one, Game Pass trial is primed but I want to make sure to pull the trigger once I definitely have enough time to milk it.

Comment

Still going through Spider-Man.

Another game that has grabbed me at the expense of everything else and compels me to get 100% and the platinum trophy.

Currently at 87% I think. Loving it.

This and GoW have made PS4 an exceptional piece of kit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Bayonetta - My morning game via Switch, I'm enjoying the revisit but I have to skip some overly lingering cutscenes given I'm in work
                            Evade + select(- ?) is your friend. You can skip most cut scenes and even the blowing kiss animation interludes where she breaks the barriers before progressing. Basically spam it everywhere, you'll be surprised how much can be insta-skipped. The short cut will take you instantly into the next game play scene.

This is all I've been playing this week. I only have an hour a day for gaming currently.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 01-10-2018, 17:52.

Comment

New Xbone, so installing stuff again. Rare replay... Cobra Triangle. Never seen this before. Also watched the making of banjo kazzooie.

Then BF3 team DM craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Evade + select(- ?) is your friend. You can skip most cut scenes and even the blowing kiss animation interludes where she breaks the barriers before progressing. Basically spam it everywhere, you'll be surprised how much can be insta-skipped. The short cut will take you instantly into the next game play scene.

This is all I've been playing this week. I only have an hour a day for gaming currently.
                                Winner I've been going into the menu to skip cutscenes but had no idea there was a shortcut to cut more bits :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X