No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPCs - that's what the Wastelanders update was all about. If you think it's bad now, imagine what it was like at launch.

Comment

Skyrim was bad, fallout shouldn’t have even got released, any of them, they are absolute technical travesties.

Comment

Tomorrow.

Also looks like there may be an announcement regarding The Outer Worlds, maybe DLC or another title.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          NPCs - that's what the Wastelanders update was all about. If you think it's bad now, imagine what it was like at launch.
          I know right ... I mean graphically it looks a fair bit sharper than Fallout 4 and I like the opening map locations but I just couldn't get past how janky it all felt...

My game time is limited right now and I'd rather play something that's at least a little polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            Tomorrow.

Also looks like there may be an announcement regarding The Outer Worlds, maybe DLC or another title.
            I have to say, I like that box art and I don't normally care one way or the other. That is a great throwback to the originals box art and yet still looks pretty fresh.

It's raised my hopes a little that 343 knows what is doing with this one.

Comment

I'm really hoping they do something special with Halo

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I know right ... I mean graphically it looks a fair bit sharper than Fallout 4 and I like the opening map locations but I just couldn't get past how janky it all felt...

My game time is limited right now and I'd rather play something that's at least a little polished.
                In that case, if you're looking for that Fallout like experience and haven't tried it The Outer Worlds which is also on game pass - 100x better.

Comment

I have to say, I like that box art and I don't normally care one way or the other. That is a great throwback to the originals box art and yet still looks pretty fresh.

It's raised my hopes a little that 343 knows what is doing with this one.
                  Hoping it's a remake in all but name . Can't wait booked 2 days off work and going to get wasted on this

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    In that case, if you're looking for that Fallout like experience and haven't tried it The Outer Worlds which is also on game pass - 100x better.
                    Yeah thanks I'm actually about 8 hours into that and had forgotten about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I'm really hoping they do something special with Halo
                      From the recent interview and the lack of numeral in the title I'm guessing this is going to be like Destiny with the game expanding over time.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                        From the recent interview and the lack of numeral in the title I'm guessing this is going to be like Destiny with the game expanding over time.
                        I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not a fan of Destiny but mainly because of the constant grind... The shooting and mechanics of it are sound.

I'm expecting this to be open world, zero load times but I was also expecting that all to take place on a fully realised new halo ring with multiple locations from the get go.

Comment

Please don't use the "L" word.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not a fan of Destiny but mainly because of the constant grind... The shooting and mechanics of it are sound.

I'm expecting this to be open world, zero load times but I was also expecting that all to take place on a fully realised new halo ring with multiple locations from the get go.
                            Im guessing its going to be more of 1 evolving game now with constant updates and content added, rather than 40h grind for a weapon that gets nerfed 2 days after release.

Looking forward to finally seeing it though, will be interesting either way.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-07-2020, 07:39.

Comment

Will probably see some gameplay of The Medium later, someone has found some screenshots of Bloober Team showing off their patented gameplay.

Never-seen-before and officially patented gameplay that plays out across two worlds displayed at the same time. Explore the physical world and the spirit world simultaneously, and use the interactions between them to solve dual-reality puzzles, unlock new paths, and awaken memories of past events.

Actual patent.
                              The invention relates to the method of simultaneous playing in video games designed for a single player. The invention is realized with a computer unit and uses at least one display device, at least one computer device that generates the game image display and at least one game controller controlled by the user. The method of controlling the figure according to the invention is characterized in that the player using one controller simultaneously controls at least two characters ( 1 ), ( 2 ) while each of the characters controlled by the same user is displayed simultaneously in a separate viewport ( 6 ), ( 7 ), which makes a separate story universe (A), (B) and the input signal from the controller is transformed by the software synchronization layer including predefined modifiers specific for a given story universe (A), (B).

“method of simultaneous playing in single-player video games.”

“The player using one controller controls simultaneously at least two characters, wherein each of the characters controlled by the same player acts in a different story universe simultaneously displayed in a separate viewport, which makes a separate story universe,”

Comment

Working...
                              X