No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know its bad if the Halo Sub reddit is ripping the demo apart. A place people go to talk all things Halo hate the look of Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Whilst Fable 4 won't be an MMO? Anticipation Restored!
      There's a good thread on Fable over at 'Era: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rum...dmarks.254028/

I think it's probably very clear to everyone that an MMO is unlikely, but rather the game will be built around extra monitisation/Live Services elements.

Although Microsoft people getting annoyed on Twitter about an MMO being reported to me speaks more about the fact that they blundered on messaging. Which is what these non-Xbox One games also feels a bit like.
      Last edited by Digfox; 24-07-2020, 14:44.

Comment

My brain doing the hurty...

Comment

[MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] ^ Aaron Greenberg did respond to that one

Comment

Just want a new console with new games that don't need to be tinkered with to run old games! I will keep old consoles!

Comment

If you want to sell new games and advertise a new console, there shouldn't be even 1% confusion about where you can play the game. You shouldn't be in a position were you have to explain what console you can play it on.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I'm sure Series X and PS5 will, eventually, have games on with really terrific graphics that look far beyond what could be done on PS4 and Bone, but I feel like it won't for years and years.
                I bet Cyberpunk 2077 will look leaps beyond current gen console offerings.

The PS4 Pro / PS5 / One X / Series X comparisons are going to be very interesting.

My guess is:
                PS4 Pro & One X = low/medium 30fps upscaled 4K
                PS5 & Series X = high 60fps native 4K
                3080 Ti = ultra/extreme 144/120fps native 4K
                Last edited by dataDave; 24-07-2020, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I bet Cyberpunk 2077 will look leaps beyond current gen console offerings.

The PS4 Pro / PS5 / One X / Series X comparisons are going to be very interesting.
                  That game is going to be a cluster**** on the OG machines.
                  480p at 15fps.

The fact they are releasing the PS5/Xbox Series X versions next year is telling they are up against the wall on this.
                  Then you are going to have everyone crying when they finally pay attention and realise it's not as open world as they have convinced themselves it is.

Comment

I don't know. The one-hour game play reveal they showed just over two years ago now looked pretty promising.

I think it'll look alright on the One. 30fps/900p. It'll still play the same, forgiving the performance dip.

Comment

Despite what MS is now saying I'd wager all those games that they're scrubbing XBO references to out of will run on XBO and not only that also are built primarily with XBO in mind. They've clearly gone online, seen the responses and are panicked like trying to alter their messaging because it's gone down poorly. This is the problem again now, they already had an issue attracting casual gamers and now they've put off many of the core market mere weeks away from launch. I wonder how long it will take till we get a big announcement on expanding Game Pass platforms because they want strong growth but Series X is not going to deliver it.

Comment

At least it wasn't

"TV, TV, TV!!!!!!"

Comment

Increadbile showing. 343 Nailed HALO. Crossfire and Desntiny 2 upgrade looks incredible too. Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                            Increadbile showing. 343 Nailed HALO. Crossfire and Desntiny 2 upgrade looks incredible too. Can't wait
                            Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Hang on just catch my breath.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I don't know. The one-hour game play reveal they showed just over two years ago now looked pretty promising.

I think it'll look alright on the One. 30fps/900p. It'll still play the same, forgiving the performance dip.
                              OneX will probably, cope, just. PS4 pro? Will have to wait and see. PS5 SeriesX obviously will.

Comment

You can't skit at Destiny 2 when PS5 opened with GTA 5

NEXT GEN is THEN! Jumped in.

Comment

Working...
                                X